Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: d02-532

atto

d02-532

Hi, I bought a fluorescent pink drum on ebay for my RP3505.
    The description said

NEW! Riso Risograph FLUORESCENT PINK Type RP Color Drum RP3505 RP3105 RP3700UI

so I was pretty sure that this drum has fitted my copier, instead when I try to use the drum, the risograph return this error
    d02-352 wrong-type print drum installed.
    I wrote to the seller, and hope he will answer soon, but in the meanwhile i'd like to know if there's something I can do.
    Thanks so much

andrea

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: d02-532

You might try resetting the machine while that drum is installed by turning the machine off, then holding down the "reset" key for a while when turning the machine on. But only do that once.
    Otherwise, that drum is probably not programmed with the correct size or color.

atto

Iowatech thanks for your reply,

I tried the reset but it didn't work
    Is there a way to understand if this drum is really compatible with 3505?

A Risograph technician told me that probably this is a drum for rp37xx and the 37 series is not compatible with the 35 series,
    but in a lot of online shop those drums are sold as compatible with both series (here - where i bought - or here where there's no specification), why this happens?

Is there a way to re-program this drum to make it compatible with my machine?

Thanks for the support,

andrea
    Last edited by atto; 12-10-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atto View Post
    Iowatech thanks for your reply,

I tried the reset but it didn't work
    Is there a way to understand if this drum is really compatible with 3505?

A Risograph technician told me that probably this is a drum for rp37xx and the 37 series is not compatible with the 35 series,
    but in a lot of online shop those drums are sold as compatible with both series (here - where i bought - or here where there's no specification), why this happens?

Is there a way to re-program this drum to make it compatible with my machine?

Thanks for the support,

andrea
    I'm not sure. If I remember correctly, the RP37 series prints 600 dpi, and the RP35 series like yours prints 400 dpi. That's probably why the Riso tech said the drum is incompatible.
    I've never tried swapping drums between RP35-37 series machines, so I don't know how much more help I can be. Any chance the place you bought the drum from can reprogram it?
    Sorry.

atto

I (to be honest the Risograph technician) solved the problem!
    He entered in the test mode (press right and left arrow while turning on the machine) and checked the setting of drums and colors.
    They were correct, but he re-setted them and the drum started to work.
    I took a picture of the table with color and kinf of drums, it's in italian, but it could be helpful.
    Thanks Iowatech for the support

P.S. some drum for 37 are compatible with 35, as you can see in the table

TABELLA-drum-colori.jpg