Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: How accorate is a Riso?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    If you have an auto supply store nearby, buy a tube of RTV gasket material. If you are careful and patient (it needs some time to set up), you can use that to plug leaks in the front and rear seals of the drum. Just make sure to use only enough to seal the leak. Try to get the smallest tube you can, too, the stuff tends to go bad if you don't use it up in time.
    We used RTV gasket material to seal up leaks in the RA and GR line drums a lot. Smells a little like vinegar. But it worked really well.
    Make sure to use RTV gasket material, though. RTV remains flexible after it sets up, other types of gasket material set up rock hard, which is undesirable in this application.

RTV gasket is some sort of fast drying silicone if I see this right? If I let it dry little longer I could sure use simple silicone form sanitary handcrafting?

And there is no problem to disassemble the drum once more after you have sealed it with this stuff?

I have to check the drum first I hope the Ink comes out on the drum "silk gasket" and not near the pump.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

RTV stands for room temperature vulcanizing (rubber). It stays flexible and resistant to chemical degradation once it cures.
    While it will adhere to both the drum end frame and the drum shell, it is soft enough that you should be able to remove the drum shell without damaging it, at least I could every time I used it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    RTV stands for room temperature vulcanizing (rubber). It stays flexible and resistant to chemical degradation once it cures.
    While it will adhere to both the drum end frame and the drum shell, it is soft enough that you should be able to remove the drum shell without damaging it, at least I could every time I used it.

OK, Thanks! So I better buy this stuff, even if common silicone sure will do it too...

Do you have a clue what is different between the "EP" Risos and the "non EP"?