Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Can't connect Riso EZ 590u to computer. Help!

Thanks so much for looking into it. The USB flash drive doesn't work either (when I put a USB stick in the printer it doesn't read it either) so I don't think it is chosen.

In the manual you linked I see that it chooses "connect using another connection method" instead of "connect with USB cable" and then it selects the IP address. I was choosing "connect with USB cable" and then I trying all the ports. Do you think this may be the problem?

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help. I am not so good with technology and this is for sure pushing my capability. So I am very thankful for your help.

Best,
    Alejandra

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by alejandra View Post
    Thanks so much for looking into it. The USB flash drive doesn't work either (when I put a USB stick in the printer it doesn't read it either) so I don't think it is chosen.

In the manual you linked I see that it chooses "connect using another connection method" instead of "connect with USB cable" and then it selects the IP address. I was choosing "connect with USB cable" and then I trying all the ports. Do you think this may be the problem?

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help. I am not so good with technology and this is for sure pushing my capability. So I am very thankful for your help.

Best,
    Alejandra

Don't you have a manual? I have different Tec-Manuals for Risos but the user handbook only for my printer.
    If not, try to get it via google with a little search you can find often something without to pay for at some of this cutthroat-vultures selling other folk owned copyrightprints.

Maybe there is a menu where you can switch the function of the USB port.

How big was the USB Stick? Older devices have a limit and can only manage up to 2GB storage....

Technician

I have a manual. But it didn't show the IP address, like the one you sent me, it says to connect it via USB and that the computer will find the right port automatically. It doesn't really help if that fails as in my case... I can look for a better manual. A friend has suggested to connect it via ethernet adding the IP address to the riso and on the computer so I will try that.

My USB stick was 10 GB, so that could be that problem. I can try a small USB stick. Thank you so much!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by alejandra View Post
    I have a manual. But it didn't show the IP address, like the one you sent me, it says to connect it via USB and that the computer will find the right port automatically. It doesn't really help if that fails as in my case... I can look for a better manual. A friend has suggested to connect it via ethernet adding the IP address to the riso and on the computer so I will try that.

If this doesn't help in the first place, maybe you have to use (google) "Angry IP Scanner" a programm that finds all devices within a IP range you give it. Your virusscanner will sure give false alarm, as it uses technology that viruses and trojan horses use too, but don't worry about that :-)

Is there no manual information about how you could change or at least show the IP adress in the printer itself without a computer?
    My printer manual is a book with almost 200 pages....

Technician

I have two manuals, one with circa 50 pages and another with circa 200. I didn't see the IP address in either but I will try again. Do you know in what section of the manual I would find it? The seller also sent me the 3 CDs (they will arrive tomorrow), would I find the IP address there?

I just bought a 2GB USB stick so I will take that tomorrow to the studio.

Thanks again! Hope you are having a good Sunday.
    Alejandra

Technician

2 GB USB stick didn't help. Entering IP address either (I am not sure I did it property but I tried) I think it is time to get a riso technician to look at it. Thanks for all your help!

Oh boy where do I start.
    EZ mac driver must be purchased from authorized RISO dealer.
    USB printing with USB drive must be done via RISO usb flash drive print driver. The RISO will not print from any flash drive with assorted files on it, they have to be RISO print converted files.
    On 590 you can go to the admin tab, system section, base ip address, to get or change you IP address.
    All of this is in the EZ590 users manual and print driver user guide.
    Good luck.

Technician

I go to admin., then system and there is nowhere to add ip address, no tab that says anything ip related. Touching "initialize network" crashes menu, and we have to restart machine.

If the system section does not have a button "base ip address" then either some test mode is turn off (not sure, probability not likely) or the network card is not working right. Try reseatting the card, with power off & unplugged. And it might even not be functioning correctly base on the locking up you mentioned. Was the network card installed by you or a RISO tech?

OK, I think I can help!

MAC
    To connect Riso machines to mac you need a Postscript rip! So forget it.

SB port
    When you connect EZ590. Your PC must recognize the new hardware and then let you install the driver (which you got it from Riso site)
    I think the usb port on you machine is not working.

Try Ethernet
    1. You need to connect the machine to your network (auto-DHCP must be enabled)
    2. You need additional program from Riso it called “EZ Network Card” to find/change the IP address of your EZ590. If you don’t have this program PM me I can send it to you.
    3. Now you know the IP address of your machine you need basically to install the driver on your pc as new network printer….

Good luck