Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RC6300 paper jam, no paper jam found

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I'm really glad I found an awesome resource for these machines.

I recently bought a RC6300, I know super old, but its in great condition with just over 1,000 masters and 500,000 copies.

All functions work, however, when I print (Either paper or cardstock) it'll print one copy and then display "Paper jam under drum, pull out drum". I can press reset and it'll do it again. This happens every single time - I took some dust covers off and thoroughly cleared any dust with an air compressor. I checked the entire paper route and it looks clear, no paper, etc. to be found.

I purchased a manual which I'm just starting to get acquainted with its not giving me to much information.

Anyone has an idea on where to proceed?

Best,
    Jas

Re: RC6300 paper jam, no paper jam found

Also, the paper floats out as if the machine has anticipated the jam

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Sounds like the stripper pad or the feed rollers might be worn out, they are rated for 500K prints.
    Or, you might be trying to print something with too much ink on the lead edge, try reversing the original you are scanning and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply! The tires look great, soft and grippy. The stripper pad is bad, I ordered some and will report back on how it went. If that doesn't work I'll go tires.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If the fins on the feed rollers are worn to the point they don't flex enough, the rollers can look OK but still not work. Or maybe they will work perfectly. I've seen it both ways.
    The way I check is if the machine is having feed problems and the feed rollers have been in use for over 500K prints and if the fins on the feed rollers have more than one angle on the end I change them and the separation pad.
    I forgot to ask this, sorry, but when the machine fails to feed a sheet of paper, do the feed rollers rotate?
    Last edited by Iowatech; 01-30-2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Request for more information.

The fins are still pretty long, they look as they they don't have any wear at all - do these parts expire with age? (Even with no visible wear?). Like I mentioned, I ordered the separation pad, the wheels are cheap so I might as well order those as well.

So it does one of two things - it either takes the paper and prints one (Pretty well actually), then shows the jam below the drum OR it doesn't take a sheet of paper at all then shows the jam below the drum. The wheels turn, sometimes take in two and then when the error occurs, doesn't go into the machine.

So for a quick update - I replaced the badly worn stripper pad, seems to be feeding the paper much more consistently, however, the phantom paper jam still occurs. The paper will come out and the screen will show "paper jam under drum pull out drum" though there won't be a paper jam. Tires are fine, machine is pretty clean (I used a compressor to make sure there was little to no dust). What would be a good course of action moving forward?

Prints that do come out are fantastic, every function is working as it should sans this jam issue.

Hey everyone,
    getting a bit desperate now. I need the risograph to function correctly for a workshop in a week. It still only prints one at a time.

Any help would be just incredible! Also, if anyone can advise a tech that is in Minneapolis that would be excellent.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RC6300 paper jam, no paper jam found

I don't know Riso but with Ricoh a jam under the drum message usually means that the trail edge of the paper did not leave the registration sensor soon enough or did not get to the exit entrance sensor. Usually a problem with the sensor or a scrap of paper.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

check the spring on the guide roller.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.