Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Driver for Riso CI 300 needed

I need drivers for Risograph Interface CI300.

Technician
    You can use standart driver (from windows installation), wich support HP PCL 5 or Adobe PostScript Level 1 ( HP LaserJet III).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Talking Linotronic 300 V47.1

Use Linotronic 300 V47.1 (standard Windows driver) - this used to work for the CI300's on Windows 98, I have never used a CI300 on a newer system (have 3 in a box).
    Salesout Pro
    SalesoutPro@gmail.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techathens View Post
    Use Linotronic 300 V47.1 (standard Windows driver) - this used to work for the CI300's on Windows 98, I have never used a CI300 on a newer system (have 3 in a box).

Thanks the linotronic works, very slow though. Is there any way that PDF's can be printed?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    Thanks the linotronic works, very slow though. Is there any way that PDF's can be printed?
    I will research and get back to you.

The SC3000 and SC3500 series (also WYSIWYG - ie: uses the computer for file conversion, no hard drive in the SC / CI) will print PDF files without many major problems. I thought the CI300 would also, unfortunately the CI300 was RISO's first trip into RISO/computer connectivity world and developed for a WIN 95 computer and 16 Bit addressing - I have never experimented with this device on operating system newer to see it's capabilities.
    Salesout Pro
    SalesoutPro@gmail.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You don't happen to have sc3000 or sc3500 for sale. Can the later sc's work on GR1750? Thanks for all your help

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I'll check and see, if I don't there is a good chance that an affiliate company Southern Duplicating Systems may - Southern Duplicating Systems - DUPLO and RISO Products, Sales, Supplies, Rentals and Leases.

I'll need to see if the options card (board) and connectivity kit used on the CI300 is compatible with the SC series systems. All SC units through the SC7700 are compatible with the GR / FR lines. The SC5500, SC7500 (garbage), and SC7700 have a hard drive that runs postscript (printing is done from the SC, not the computer).
    Salesout Pro
    SalesoutPro@gmail.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for all your help. I have managed to work somthing out. I print my PDF's out on my laser, than scan them at 400dpi (b/w) and save them as a tiff. Place them in Publisher 2003 and then print out to Riso using linotronic driver. need to change graphic print quality in driver to 635dpi.. I'm printing full A4 tiffs thru publisher and the longest one so far is about 15mins. So it is possible to print to Riso using Windows XP Pro. Can't use Indesign as it only works with Postscript level2 and up. I have only been able to use Publisher ro print as Pagemaker doesnt work properly in XP.. I never thought I'd ever say it but Publisher is actually doing something good. I still would like to upgrade the ci300, to make things a lot easier.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The SC Rip card that I'm using can be seen on ebay at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP.dll?ViewItem&item=170205371977&ssPageName =ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    There is a RISO software called CS2000 that is used for file conversion and color seperation. I have had alot of success using it not for the color separation but to convert files to a format the RISO's (WYSIWYG) like.

I will see if I have a copy of CS2000 to send - I may have to break it up into several files using WinRAR or other compression software, or upload it to my download site.
    Salesout Pro
    SalesoutPro@gmail.com