Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

help on riso ks 500

hello
    i have a RISO KS500 machine with feed problem.if command to print,the drum rotate but the feed unit motor or even the feed rollers wont rotate to pick the papers.but if i trie to make the master the machine working fine to make the master on the drum,but fail to print even the first copy after master making process.
    anyone know please help me

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: help on riso ks 500

I'm not familiar with that model, but it sounds like the feed clutch is worn out.

Please disregard my previous post. I missed the part about the feed unit motor not activating.

OK, until somebody who is familiar with this model tells you what is really happening, I have a general purpose suggestion that you might consider. It has worked to some degree on every Riso I've ever seen, and it is pretty easy too.
    You might try turning the machine off and then holding down the "Reset" key for a while when turning the machine back on. When the machine's normal start up sounds get quieter you can stop pressing. That will reset some of the machine's working memory, which can solve a lot of mysterious problems. Only do that once though, if something is actually broken doing that more than once can break it worse.