Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MZ790 skewed master

Has anyone ever dealt with crooked masters being mounted to the drums on an MZ790?

So, on the drum - following the master from the clamp all the way around, it appears to be about 2-3 mm skewed toward the back (of the drum)

Attached a pic. I read a tech bulletin suggesting that repositioning the 'slide shaft' of the drum in one direction would correct the issue, but as far as I can tell it doesn't make much of a difference. I mean the masters still appear to be skewed...

I get it pretty consistently on both drums in both positions, which means the registration is still great! It's just that there is a visible skew across the page... I can live with it but if there is a way to fix it I'd like to know, I appreciate any insight, thanks!

2mdnfys.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MZ790 skewed master

My mistake, the slide shaft adjustment does work - I was just doing it in the wrong direction.

If anyone else is facing this problem, pm me and I will send you the pdf with instructions on how to fix.

Re: MZ790 skewed master

Hi there,

I have the same problem on my MZ970.
    Could you please send met the pdf with the instructions how to fix it?
    Is the shaft adjuster on the drum?

Thank you!

Bertus Gerssen

Quote Originally Posted by gillje View Post
    My mistake, the slide shaft adjustment does work - I was just doing it in the wrong direction.

If anyone else is facing this problem, pm me and I will send you the pdf with instructions on how to fix.