Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Paper Feed//Registration & Ink Pump Replacement

Hello,

If there is a frequent issue of multiple papers being taken into the paper feed (sometimes 5-10 sheets at once) is that an issue with the stripper pad//should the stripper pad be replaced?

I also think this might be affecting my registration as i'm only achieving about 10-20% correct registration for multi-color prints.

I've tried printing through various softwares (all on a mac) - InDesign; Photoshop; Adobe PDF; Preview; etc... I've found Adobe PDF and InDesign to be the most stable but am still having difficulty with registration.

I also was recently quoted a price for an ink pump replacement. Just wanted to know if anybody knew what a fair price was for that type of repair and if it is worth investing in.

I have a less popular model the RZ 310 and have had difficulty finding refurbished drums - never found a new drum.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

PJ

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: Paper Feed//Registration & Ink Pump Replacement

To feed paper stock well, Riso has provided a great deal of user-accessible adjustments that you will see right where you stack the paper. these adjustments need to be performed by the operator whenever a job is started, to affect the best performance for the job. If you have tried various adjustments and did not get the desired result, the stripper pad would be suspect. This will also greatly affect your registration as well. I would repair the paper misfeed issue before pursuing the registration, one may fix the other. The fact that the registration problem is consistent between all software programs will show that this is a mechanical problem.

I will look up the price of an ink pump, I know that Riso prices are high. You may have been quoted a fair price, no fault to the servicing company.

I may be able to access a few used drums for the Riso RZ310 if you are interested. Both new or used, black and color.

ddigitaldude@hotmail.com
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds