Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

thoughts on compatible Riso inks

Hello - was wanting to hear from some in the group on using compatible Risk inks. I have seen a company "prntnow" suggesting they have in that will not harm the machine and is better then factory ink.... what are you thoughts on using or has anyone used their ink?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: thoughts on compatible Riso inks

I've had bad experiences with generic inks clogging my drums on multiple occasions. Never noticed anything about generic ink being better besides it being cheaper...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by gillje View Post
    I've had baRisk eperiences with generic inks clogging my drums on multiple occasions. Never noticed anything about generic ink being better besides it being cheaper...
    So you are mainly using factory Riso ink? I did get 2 tubes from that company "prntnow" out of Texas ...after using one tube I have not seen any problems thus far ....I just have a concern of long term use and it will damage my drums?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Here's a test to see if their ink is really that good - if their warranty will pay for ink failure related repairs to the machine as well as replace the faulty ink with no hassles, then they are probably OK. And if a trained tech says their ink is problem, they agree.
    If they can't do that, then their ink really isn't that good.
    A fine way to determine the worth of any supply imitator's wares.

Technician

Prntnow the company i got the last two cylinder's from said they do stand behind their ink and also cover a tech coming out for and damage claim ... BUT, I have not had any troubles to test their warranty .. I'm surprised no one on the group has never used their ink. we are using an older gr3750 and if you look at their site ink is priced very well .... here is a link if you care to look them over www.prntnow.com