Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    coco

Error p01 520 - risographe RZ-200ep

Hello,

My name is Corinne and I've a problem with the risograph RZ 200 (It's unfortunately compatible...).
    When I use my duplicator, an error arises: p01 — 520 (:Main encoder sensor does not go ON/OFF within 10 milliseconds after the main motor activates.). I've open the belly of the beast, but I can't find the problem.

How should I do for repear it?

Thanks.
    C

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Error p01 520 - risographe RZ-200ep

Have you tried resetting the machine by holding the "Reset" key down while turning the machine on? That can take care of some weird and unexpected problems.

coco

Yes, I tried, but nothing; the screen shows "0", I press START, the motor starts to move but immediatly stops, and the error returns: the eternal p01 520.

The error description talks about the main encoder that's not responding fast enough after the motor started to move. Do you have any idea about how can I fix that kind of stuff ?

Thanks for your answer.
    Have a good day

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

If you can run the main motor by pressing the switch on the main board or in service mode 880 and everything sounds and moves good. I'd take the main motor out of the machine and crack open the sealed cover that goes over the encoder disc. One time I had enough dust get in there that it would throw this code. Or the main motor is bad. It's not that hard to do but you better know where all your timing marks are and have some jigs to lock them down.

Good Luck

coco

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    If you can run the main motor by pressing the switch on the main board or in service mode 880 and everything sounds and moves good. I'd take the main motor out of the machine and crack open the sealed cover that goes over the encoder disc. One time I had enough dust get in there that it would throw this code. Or the main motor is bad. It's not that hard to do but you better know where all your timing marks are and have some jigs to lock them down.

Good Luck
    Thanks, I try it.