Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Riso Inks & masters - are they compatible

Have been using a GR3770 for quite a few years now & finally upgraded to a EZ370. (hence have for sale now GR3770 + a spare machine that doesn't feed paper but complete as spare parts. 8 drums + the 2blackdrums that are in the machine + SC7500 with cable & heaps of inks & masters - will let the lot go for $2000Aust) am in Australia so freight to the states would be high.

Anyway my question is this I know that the Riso ink tubes are different for each model BUT is the actual ink different. Would ink for the GR3770 if I placed it into the ink tube for the EZ370 work? Here in Australia the price for ink & masters is crazy. Also would the master for the GR3770 work on the EZ370. I know I would have to transfer the master from the roll of the 3770 to the roll of the 370.
    Surely Riso wouldn't make a different ink for each model. What also is the difference between HD inks & not?

thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Riso Inks & masters - are they compatible

because z-type inks seem more readily available in more colors, I have transferred z-ink to RP tubes (same as GR) without any issue and I would imagine it would be the same the other way round.

The problem with masters, I'd imagine, is that different models would require different mesh counts. A 600 dpi machine would probably need a different mesh type than 300 or 400 dpi machines. EZ's probably have the issue of the RF chip too, that would prevent using a non EZ master?

This is all said without ever actually working on an EZ, only older models.

[QUOTE=mixedfeelings;426457]because z-type inks seem more readily available in more colors, I have transferred z-ink to RP tubes (same as GR) without any issue and I would imagine it would be the same the other way round.

The problem with masters, I'd imagine, is that different models would require different mesh counts. A 600 dpi machine would probably need a different mesh type than 300 or 400 dpi machines. EZ's probably have the issue of the RF chip too, that would prevent using a non EZ master?

This is all said without ever actually working on an EZ, only older models.[/QUOTE

Sorry they are not compatible. The newer RZ series and newer use a RFID chip on the masters and ink tubes

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

L.A. Tech is right-because of the RFID tag, the EZ ink will keep track of copies and register as empty, so even if you refill them the machine will not accept them.

You may be able to purchase new RFID tags from China- try a search for them.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

so what if ink tube is refilled when half empty?

Where is the chip for the master?

thanks for all the info so far

Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    so what if ink tube is refilled when half empty?

Where is the chip for the master?

thanks for all the info so far

The chip is inside of the carboard tube on the left as you put in the machine you will see from the other end is just like a copper coil integrated into the base and when your replace it the unit will detect it and start counting, so if you refill the tube it will only run whatever had in it that goes for the masters and inks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LA TECH View Post
    The chip is inside of the carboard tube on the left as you put in the machine you will see from the other end is just like a copper coil integrated into the base and when your replace it the unit will detect it and start counting, so if you refill the tube it will only run whatever had in it that goes for the masters and inks.
    thanks for that. I suppose manufacturers need to make profit as well