aroman

Exclamation RA5900 Master Mis-feed - Blade stuck on close.

My Riso RA5900 will not feed the master through the machine. The blade seems to be stuck on closed, so every time the master starts feeding into its path, the closed blade prevents it from feeding through and bunches up. I can no longer print masters this way. I tried using the utility mode #112 but it doesn't work. It will not reset the blade. Also on the LED lights on the interior board, it does light up to show that the blade is in the closed position. How do I repair this ?

Can Anyone please help me. I do not know what else I can do. Thank you.

Albert

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: RA5900 Master Mis-feed - Blade stuck on close.

Quote Originally Posted by aroman View Post
    My Riso RA5900 will not feed the master through the machine. The blade seems to be stuck on closed, so every time the master starts feeding into its path, the closed blade prevents it from feeding through and bunches up. I can no longer print masters this way. I tried using the utility mode #112 but it doesn't work. It will not reset the blade. Also on the LED lights on the interior board, it does light up to show that the blade is in the closed position. How do I repair this ?

Can Anyone please help me. I do not know what else I can do. Thank you.

Albert
    Try holding down the reset key while turning the machine on. That is always the first step.
    Also, make sure there is nothing stuck in the master cutter area (this is really important), and check the master feed drive for loose drive pullies.
    One thing, if you don't understand exactly what "utility" modes actually do, you might want to avoid using them, or at least get an actual manual and understand exactly what you are doing. You can really mess up your machine by accident otherwise.

Also if you get a manual, you can read on how to remove the cutter unit and see if something had caused it to stay closed. Possibly motor or gears are bad.
    Good luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

The cutter has a tiny micro switch on it and they eventually wear out. Meaning the cutter over rotates and it's "closed." Or something else has happened like the master has wrapped itself around the cutter. It is a pretty simple setup, but like Iowa said you may want a book so you know what the test modes do and how to remove the assemblies. You are dealing with a machine from 1991ish...

aroman

Resetting it fixed it. Thank you everyone for the help.