RP 3700 problems installing

Hey,
    I am trying to install a Riso RP3700.
    As the printer doesn't recognise older versions than Windows XP/2000 and I've got a Mac OSX, I've tried creating a virtual partition with "VirtualBox" and installing Windows XP. I've connected the Riso to the computer through the parallel printer port to the USB with no results.
    Now I've tried to connected to a PC with Windows 7 at 32 bits. The PC reconigse the Riso machine and when sending a file to print, the machine goes from "STAND-BY" to "Data <-" but I can't print/do the master. Before it didn't even do this, so that's a big step. The problem now is that the PC does recogise the Riso, but it doesn't receive the command, so it doesn't create a master, so it doesn't print.
    My last attempt is to install Windows XP and see if it works, but I'm afraid I'm now clicking a small botton. Is there anything I need to change/click on the Riso to set it up ready to print?

These are the specs of the RP3700, if it helps.

file:///Users/elena/Downloads/a0LA0000001gBIoMAM%20(2).PDF

Many thanks!
    Francesca

Re: RP 3700 problems installing

You have to use XP,Riso doesn't have a win 7 driver for the RP. Go to the riso website and download the XP driver.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    You have to use XP,Riso doesn't have a win 7 driver for the RP. Go to the riso website and download the XP driver.
    Good luck.

Thanks a lot Jeremy for your reply.

I've already tried with XP and its seems that it works better but no results once again.
    The good thing now is that I can visualise the PDF loading in the printing queue in XP, but once all the megabites are loaded, on the bottom of the Riso screen the "Data <->" change into "Reposo" (that in english would be "Stand-by").
    So I don't know if there are some settings that I haven't done with the machine, it seems to be a problem of communication of datas...
    I've tried the duplicator with the scanner and it works properly, the printer is fine even with different drums, no problems, but I don't seem to make it work with the PC.

Some help would really be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Press View Post
    Thanks a lot Jeremy for your reply.

Here there's a video of the machine receiving data. After doing this, it goes back to Stand-by (in spanish "Reposo").

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Press View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, your problem might be in your connectivity, if you are using an USB/Parallel switch the communication is getting lost and will put your riso in reposo or stand by. You might be better off with the NIC card. I got one brand new with CD if you are interested. .

Muy buena suerte con su Riso.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

This might be stupid. but best I can tell Apple operating systems are based on Linux now. You might see if there is any Linux software that can help.
    Still, that machine is pretty old. If you can't recreate the environment the machine was expected to operate in back in the day, you might be doomed.
    Sorry.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Are you using the Risorinc CD provided with the machine? If you do not have the CD, go to Riso's website and search for the installation procedure. This is not a normal printer connect procedure.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Quote Originally Posted by LA TECH View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, your problem might be in your connectivity, if you are using an USB/Parallel switch the communication is getting lost and will put your riso in reposo or stand by. You might be better off with the NIC card. I got one brand new with CD if you are interested. .

Muy buena suerte con su Riso.

We're still trying to find out some alternative solutions. It would be helpful to know how much would it cost to buy the Nic card from you, as it seems this could be the only solution. We found out in several forums that many people were able to print with this same RP without the NIC but just using the Parallel port to USB cable. Anyway thank you very much for your help and suggestions!

Looking foreward to your answer

Best