Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gdh

Smile Risograph gr1700/gr1750 with film coming off

We have a Risograph gr1700/gr1750 and it appears that something is wrong with the drum. Please excuse my lack of vocabulary explaining our issue. I have attached a picture of the damage in hopes of getting help fixing it. I can't find a vendor to service it in my area.

We have plenty of ink and 3 master rolls so I hate to write it off if it is an easy fix.

Please look at the attached photo and let me know what we need to do. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Risograph gr1700/gr1750 with film coming off

If you go to make a master is it just unrolling out of the machine?

When you placed the master roll into the Riso did you feed the lead edge into the master making unit?

gdh

Quote Originally Posted by gillje View Post

When you placed the master roll into the Riso did you feed the lead edge into the master making unit?
    Thank you for your quick response. We can’t even make a master copy because the master roll won’t feed through the machine. I think we put this roll in incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by gdh View Post
    Thank you for your quick response. We can’t even make a master copy because the master roll won’t feed through the machine. I think we put this roll in incorrectly.
    Have you used it before? It seems the roll is backward but then it shouldn't unroll to the outside area?? Anyway, when installing a new master roll. Open the scanner then release the master making unit by the two green hooks one on each side. Then install the master with the existing end caps properly and lead the master under the green guides by the long black roller. Close the master making unit and the Riso should feed it to position automatically. And remember the shining part of the roll should be facing upward or your get blank copies....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

The manual is in the picture. Might want to read it. Shiney side up on the master roll or look at the end of the roll and it will read colored flange.

gdh

Quote Originally Posted by gillje View Post

Thank you again for your response: I reloaded the new master roll and now when I press start it stays master error and the numbers 7 & 9 light up. I tried taking the roll out and reloading it 3 times, but every time it misfeeds and gives the same error numbers.

Thank you again for your help!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

With the 7 and 9 lit up, press the * key. It should display a code (I think these will do that, been a while).

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

If your machine has a problem opening the clamp to dispose of and load the new master, it could be attempting to feed the master to the drum, the drum doesn't dispose of the previous master and also doesn't accept the new master. Since there is a master currently on the drum, it will just feed the new master out if there's not enough ink on the current master to attach to. Do you have another drum to test?

I haven't worked on the GR line but have seen this on the newer lines a couples times. Maybe someone else who has more experience can let you know if this seems like a feasible scenario and maybe there's an easy fix.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Sorry, I haven't seen this yet so I have to ask -
    Have you tried resetting your machine?

gdh

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Sorry, I haven't seen this yet so I have to ask -
    Have you tried resetting your machine?
    Here is what we have tried since the most recent posts:

The code it gave me when I pressed the * key was “C 21”. I changed the drum, but the machine is still misfeeding even after that. I tried cleaning the glass and that didn’t change anything either. I um unsure of how to reset the machine unless they mean turn it completely off and then back on which I have done several times.

As always - thank you for your help,
    gdh