Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

rp3700 won't power on

After a long week of trouble shooting and reviving some drums, all was finally going well and then just as I was about to call it quits tonight my machine cut off. I hit the button to lower the paper tray and the machine instantly shut off. Now when I try to turn it on nothing happens other than a click from the PSU area (sounds like it's possibly coming from somewhere near the power cord...) I visually checked all the glass fuses and they look ok. I'm hoping that it's just the F1 fuse, which I can't check right now since I left my multi-meter at work. Tomorrow I plan to go grab it and test all the fuses for good measure, but I wanted check here to see if there is anything else that I should be on the lookout for.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: rp3700 won't power on

Well, here's the thing, as nobody here can actually physically see your machine or what it is doing other than you, a bit more information about what you were troubleshooting earlier would be really helpful for us to give you timely and useful information.
    On a lighter note, if the noises you heard were actually from the power supply, F1 is not the problem.

Technician

Sorry about that, exhausted and frustrated isn't the best condition for thorough communication. I was working on issues related to the position-b detection plate and paper size sensor among others. It turns out it was a loose ground wire this time. got it re-attached and it's back in action. again, i want to stress how helpful this site/community has been so far. lots of great information and knowledgable/helpful folks.

stupidground.jpg

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

That's OK, pretty much everybody else here has had to deal with frustration and fatigue.
    We just need you to be our eyes and ears on your machine, so we can give you reasonably accurate advice on what to do next. (Thanks for the picture!) Did you get around to checking the machine with your meter? If so, what did you find?
    Then again, now that I know that you've had the back cover off the machine, I think you might want to check the wiring harnesses on the outside edge of the back of the machine to make sure none of them got caught in the cover when you were putting it back on. That might have pulled a connector out or broke a wire that had to do with the supply of 5VDC to the main board.

Technician

once i got the ground wire securely re-attached, the machine has been powering on fine. only issue remaining is the paper size detection sensor...for the time being i'm just manually selecting the paper size.