Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Riso GR 3770/SC 7700: PC doesn't send documents to SC anymore

Hello,
    we have a Riso GR 3770 with a SC 7700 RIP connected to a Windows XP-Computer as a network printer.
    Today - from one moment to another - the PC isn't printing PDF-Files anymore. The print jobs a piling up in the printer queue, but the RIP shows now activity.
    At first I thought it there is a problem with the PDF, as I managed to produce a master from an file I used a few days ago. But as I tried to fix it, the PC didn't print any files anymore in the end.
    Also, after I started to print from the Adobe reader, sometimes the connection to the SC is lost. (One of our network cables is indeed a little vulnerable, but I started to think that in this case it doesn't have to do with the cable plug)

I turned all the devices off and on again multiple times, checked the network connections, even did a reset on the SC. Still no success.
    Printing the test pages from the RIP is working without any problems.

I know this is most probable a network printing problem rather than a problem with the Riso or the SC, but maybe you have an idea what might be the problem. Especially as it stopped working without any prior changes or anything else.

Thanks a lot,

Fabian

Seems like the machines just needed some rest. Today everything worked fine again.