Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

need help for riso rz 390

the line first print from xerox wc pro 35
    this is the check riso rz 390 output 11"inch for input leading edge
    we found that the image skew , the right hand side(bottom) image are higer than left hand side (bottom),any idea thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: need help for riso rz 390

At first glance, the image in the picture you shared appears to still be rectangular, so I'd guess the original that was scanned in wasn't positioned properly. Make sure the original isn't being jammed underneath the left hand guide on the platen glass. Also, if that machine was used when it was acquired, you might want to take a right edge and make sure the left hand guide on the platen glass is properly aligned with the rear guide on the platen glass.
    And now, I have a request for you. It appears your command of the English language isn't too good. If you are just learning it, that's OK. But please try harder to describe problems in English. You will get better answers from people smarter than me if you can do that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    At first glance, the image in the picture you shared appears to still be rectangular, so I'd guess the original that was scanned in wasn't positioned properly. Make sure the original isn't being jammed underneath the left hand guide on the platen glass. Also, if that machine was used when it was acquired, you might want to take a right edge and make sure the left hand guide on the platen glass is properly aligned with the rear guide on the platen glass.
    And now, I have a request for you. It appears your command of the English language isn't too good. If you are just learning it, that's OK. But please try harder to describe problems in English. You will get better answers from people smarter than me if you can do that.
    thanks for your reply
    this is no concern with platen glass ,because this business card file shown on my computer is perfect and then sent it to riso rz 390, via local network, and test print, i found the image position is not correct ,then
    i draw those lines in my computer and print out from xerox wc pro 35 ,then i took the printout (plain paper) for riso to check the image position
    last row you can see the different

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pc123321 View Post
    thanks for your reply
    this is no concern with platen glass ,because this business card file shown on my computer is perfect and then sent it to riso rz 390, via local network, and test print, i found the image position is not correct ,then
    i draw those lines in my computer and print out from xerox wc pro 35 ,then i took the printout (plain paper) for riso to check the image position
    last row you can see the different
    What is the program you are using to create that image on your computer? You should check if there are any options you have overlooked there. If the Xerox print out has the same flaw as the Riso, that's the most likely cause of this problem. (Sorry if I misinterpreted that.)
    You might try rebooting your computer if you haven't done that in a while.
    And you might try resetting the Riso by holding the "Reset" key down while turning the machine on, and then continuing to hold the key down until the initializing motor sounds gets quieter. (This is a good thing to try once any time the Riso acts in unexpected ways.)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pc123321 View Post
    ....last row you can see the different
    I don't see any different in your image, perhap you take a mistage?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If I understand correctly:

First: You print the lines of the Business Cards through a Xerox

Second: You print the Business Card information through the Riso

I don't know why you're using two different printers for one job - I'd consolidate the job either to the Riso or the Xerox depending on run size - my opinion only.

I can't really tell you much about the Xerox machine you're running.

As far as the Riso RZ 390 goes:

You will have some variance that will need to be adjusted as each printer has it's own driver and print placement.

You can move the image up & down by where your paper feed tray is adjusted to on your machine. There should be a green knob that you can twist left or right. Near that knob is a little bar chart that shows your placement.

As for the skew - it is most likely from your timing belt and how fast you are running your machine. You can try and adjust these or compensate it in your design (skew your image 2mm in the opposite direction of the print result).

To learn how to adjust your timing belt, get a manual from justmanuals.com - it's worth it and if you're not a native speaker perhaps he'll have one in your language that will better assist you in maintaining your Riso RZ 390.

-PJ