Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RP3700 Fluro Orange ink / Drum colour change?

Hello
    Having recently acquired an RP3700 drum (Fluro Orange), I now need to replace the ink... But after a fruitless search can't seem to find a supplier.
    Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK/EU who might be able to help?
    And, if this isn't possible, I'd like to know if it's possible to change the colour: maybe from Fluro to standard Orange - I understand that I'd need to flush the drum etc, and to change the code? But any further information on how to do that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: RP3700 Fluro Orange ink / Drum colour change?

If I remember correctly, the drum code should be OK if you convert the drum to any color other than black. I'm pretty sure the code is only there so that the machine knows the difference between black and color drums and prevents color ink being installed in a black drum, and black ink being installed in a color drum.
    I don't know anything helpful about getting that color of ink, sorry. I imagine you've already checked with Riso and independent Riso dealers after all, and that's the only thing I could think of.

Re: RP3700 Fluro Orange ink / Drum colour change?

Quote Originally Posted by simongoode View Post
    Hello
    Having recently acquired an RP3700 drum (Fluro Orange), I now need to replace the ink... But after a fruitless search can't seem to find a supplier.
    Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK/EU who might be able to help?
    And, if this isn't possible, I'd like to know if it's possible to change the colour: maybe from Fluro to standard Orange - I understand that I'd need to flush the drum etc, and to change the code? But any further information on how to do that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

The other thing you should is get ink for the newer model like EZ or RZ and then fill up the original empty cartridge so many customer are doing that on their old GR. And else one good method of doing it is glue the two back caps together take of the center off the caps leaving the threads so you can put back the cartridges in them put the new ink on top of the empty and push it slowly down