Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bootlegdan

RISO RP3700 HELP Required. Line through the master and on the prints

Hello,

I recently purchased a RISO RP3700 for my print shop and have been leaning how to set it up and use it. I have now hit a snag, every master i make has two lines running through it which are passed on to the print.

I have looked inside the machine but there are multiple rollers which could be causing this and was hoping anyone could point me in the right direction on how to stop and solve this problem.

i have included an attachment of what is happening to the print, please view it.

Lovephoto (2).JPG
    Dan

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: RISO RP3700 HELP Required. Line through the master and on the prints

If those lines run parallel to the direction that the paper travels through the machine, it is probably a failure of the thermal head.
    You might try cleaning the thermal head with a soft cloth and alcohol and see if that changes anything (although there's a chance that might make things worse). You might also try carefully cleaning the mirrors under the scan glass. Sometimes that can help, too.
    But most of the time, replacing the thermal head is the only way to fix this problem. And as the thermal head was pretty much the most expensive part of the machine, there's a really good chance you'll have to pay a lot for one that works.
    Sorry.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 10-02-2014 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Additional warning