Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dawi222

Exclamation Riso Master Making Unit shaking VIOLENTLY

I have a riso mz 790u and it has just run out of masters. Upon attempting to replace them I booted up the machine and pressed the green master release button. Immediately the machine began to shake violently with the shaking originating at the Master Making Unit. The shaking does't appear to be stopping and the door seems jammed. I have powered on and off numerous times and the shaking just keeps happening...Any advice?

No error code just a bar on the lcd that fills up 90% and says "please wait."

I think someone closed the master unit door...it seems to not be lining up flush...none the less still will not open, just shakes in attempt to open.
    Last edited by dawi222; 10-12-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Riso Master Making Unit shaking VIOLENTLY

It sounds like something is blocking the path of the master making unit as it is being driven to the access door.
    I've never seen that before, but for what it is worth here are the first two things I would do if I encountered this:
    First, I would reset the machine. That can be done by holding the "Reset" key down while turning the machine on, and continuing to press the key until the initializing motor sounds get quieter. Then, I would press the master release button. If the shaking resumes, I would turn the machine off.
    Second, I would turn the machine back on, pull the drums out of the machine, and see if there was something obvious blocking the master making unit from making it to the access door.
    If you can't see anything that would impede the master making unit's travel, post pictures of the top of the drum cavities and maybe something will be familiar to someone here.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had the same thing happen to me when I had a Riso MZ arrive on a skid. The problem was that the mastermaking unit had come out of place and become jammed in the door. We fixed it by turning the Riso on and just pulling up on the door as it started, the master making unit shook itself out of being stuck and we just had to put it back on it's tracks correctly.

dawi222

Quote Originally Posted by gillje View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me when I had a Riso MZ arrive on a skid. The problem was that the mastermaking unit had come out of place and become jammed in the door. We fixed it by turning the Riso on and just pulling up on the door as it started, the master making unit shook itself out of being stuck and we just had to put it back on it's tracks correctly.
    This fixed it right up. I have become somewhat familiar with the MZ79OU over this past year and a half and my practice in grad school has somewhat become hinged on it so when someone else in the department jammed the door and the machine began to shake I was really getting worried, if it wasnt fixed internally the machine would have been lost due to the small departmental budget, but it popped loose and now all is well!

Thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hey I'm having a similar problem but this only occurs when I try to release the Master Making unit.

I press the button and the unit shakes but the Master Making Unit does not release.

I have videos if people would like to see

Best,

PJ