Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    skalfus

Unhappy [Risograph GR3750] Possibly foreign object in feed?

There is a piece of clear plastic, roughly 11 inches wide, stuck firmly between the first and second paper feed areas. It doesn't seem to extend into the machine. There's also a white tag hanging off - it's roughly 4 inches wide and extends far enough to brush up against the pickup rollers.

Anyway, it seems to be preventing paper from passing into the machine - I mean, the paper just bounces off. Is it supposed to be there?

I probably also need to change the stripper pad, but I can't believe that's the only problem...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: [Risograph GR3750] Possibly foreign object in feed?

Quote Originally Posted by skalfus View Post
    There is a piece of clear plastic, roughly 11 inches wide, stuck firmly between the first and second paper feed areas. It doesn't seem to extend into the machine. There's also a white tag hanging off - it's roughly 4 inches wide and extends far enough to brush up against the pickup rollers.

Anyway, it seems to be preventing paper from passing into the machine - I mean, the paper just bounces off. Is it supposed to be there?

I probably also need to change the stripper pad, but I can't believe that's the only problem...
    Sounds like what you are referring to is the clear plastic sheet that is attached to the guide plate. The 11" clear plastic may be the one on page 22 (I-22) on this parts diagram here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-H...ZoQnIteEk/view. This is a PDF from the parts diagrams page at Prntnow.com Riso Parts List

The part number is also listed on that PDF if you need to replace it.

Without seeing a picture it is hard to say if it has come detached or if an adjustment needs to be made in the paper feed section somewhere. Do you have a RA Manual? If not, PM me on the forum and I can send it to you. It has adjustments for all aspects of the GR3750.

CAVEAT: I am not a Riso tech but I have learned alot from the RA Manual and searching around on this forum. I just bought a used GR3750 and I would be lost without it along with the help of this forum. Good luck!