Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: RISO GR3750 Paper Jam Check Paper Feed Area Error

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Don't use the adjuster slot on the bracket, just use the hole above the slot for the non-pivot screw.
    Ok great, thank you for clarifying which slot I should use for placement. Also, you mentioned the clip of the pulley being hard to work with. Can you describe the correct method of removing that type of clip? I have to replace the plastic hook mechanism (part no 017-11808-007) that is attached to the paper feed pressure adjustment lever and it has one of those clips.

hook.jpg

I used a needle nose to slip it off but it bent it a little. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filmplane View Post
    Ok great, thank you for clarifying which slot I should use for placement. Also, you mentioned the clip of the pulley being hard to work with. Can you describe the correct method of removing that type of clip? I have to replace the plastic hook mechanism (part no 017-11808-007) that is attached to the paper feed pressure adjustment lever and it has one of those clips.

hook.jpg

I used a needle nose to slip it off but it bent it a little. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I usually use a jeweler's screwdriver to pry the clip off.
    You might not have to do anything to the bent clip, just put it back on the shaft and then try moving it around with your fingers. If the clip moves around too much take it back off and squeeze it gently with some pliers, otherwise the clip will be OK.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I usually use a jeweler's screwdriver to pry the clip off.
    You might not have to do anything to the bent clip, just put it back on the shaft and then try moving it around with your fingers. If the clip moves around too much take it back off and squeeze it gently with some pliers, otherwise the clip will be OK.
    Ok great - thanks again for the help!

Your Riso is out of adjustment, it needs the three critical timing point to be adjusted, otherwise no matter what you do adjusting it it will give you problems, the GR service manual tell you how to do this is simple if you know what you are doing, loose the main drive and lock the main drive gear and the other points also check the air pump to see if the "O" ring is not worn out it will cause jamming problems too, if you are not familiar with it call a Riso rep. So they can do all the adjustment hopefully he want to work on it because all the Riso tech wants to work on the new Riso series

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LA TECH View Post
    Your Riso is out of adjustment, it needs the three critical timing point to be adjusted, otherwise no matter what you do adjusting it it will give you problems, the GR service manual tell you how to do this is simple if you know what you are doing, loose the main drive and lock the main drive gear and the other points also check the air pump to see if the "O" ring is not worn out it will cause jamming problems too, if you are not familiar with it call a Riso rep. So they can do all the adjustment hopefully he want to work on it because all the Riso tech wants to work on the new Riso series
    LA TECH, thanks for the reply and advice. I think I now have the timing in order but have to wait on the tensioner pulley part to see if all is well. I will definitely check the air pump and see if the O ring is ok. My local Riso rep is an hour away and charges $125 an hour including travel. Hopefully I won't have to call just yet...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Iowa Tech and LA Tech - just a quick update to this thread - the GR3750 is ONLINE! I finally tracked down a new tensioner pulley and bracket. On the failing one, the bushing for the pulley was over worn causing it to slip. The 'new' one I ordered seems to be holding for now. For extra measure, I took the worn one to a machine shop and they fixed that one as well so I have a back up. Thanks again for all the help!!!