Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

GR3750 Copy alignment not correct

Been running this GR 3750 for over a year with this problem and I would like to get it corrected if anyone knows the fix.

I position the 8.5 x 11 in the correct position on the glass and scan and make a master ... now when I run the copies I always have to use the "Print Position" adjustment to the + side to get it to make centered copies ... GR runs great otherwise and I know this is not normal as my RZ makes dead on copies with no Print Position adjustment needed ... what do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: GR3750 Copy alignment not correct

3 options.

1- Place a service call to have it repaired. (Then watch what the tech does so you can do it next time)

2- Get your hands on a service manual to learn how to mechanically align the registration. (I don't have one)

3- Keep doing what you're doing.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    3 options.

1- Place a service call to have it repaired. (Then watch what the tech does so you can do it next time)

2- Get your hands on a service manual to learn how to mechanically align the registration. (I don't have one)

3- Keep doing what you're doing.
    Adjusted the p disc and all is fine ... I did check timing before adjusting p disc.

Thanks for the help

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If the image is within +/-2mm, that is the tolerance of the GR line. On a machine that old, it could be even larger due to normal wear and tear.
    If the image is a lot outside the standard tolerance though, that machine is out of time. Otherwise there would be additional print defects that would be very obvious.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    If the image is within +/-2mm, that is the tolerance of the GR line. On a machine that old, it could be even larger due to normal wear and tear.
    If the image is a lot outside the standard tolerance though, that machine is out of time. Otherwise there would be additional print defects that would be very obvious.
    Iowatech .. we were always adjusting using the adjust print control ... if we didn't the copy was never centered .. after I adjusted the p disc all copies are centered ... the p disc was adjusted to lower bottom of the sensor ... I adjusted it to top corner per manual and also by what i read on here ... i guess lower corner is for ledger and top alignment for A4 ....

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ncscmissions View Post
    Iowatech .. we were always adjusting using the adjust print control ... if we didn't the copy was never centered .. after I adjusted the p disc all copies are centered ... the p disc was adjusted to lower bottom of the sensor ... I adjusted it to top corner per manual and also by what i read on here ... i guess lower corner is for ledger and top alignment for A4 ....
    Actually, the upper corner of the sensor is for the GR1700-GR2750. The lower corner is for the GR3750-GR3770.
    Still, if adjusting the P disk totally fixed that machine's problem, good deal.

Technician

GR P DISC.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Actually, the upper corner of the sensor is for the GR1700-GR2750. The lower corner is for the GR3750-GR3770.
    Still, if adjusting the P disk totally fixed that machine's problem, good deal.
    Iowatech - I just went by what my manual said .. here is a snapshot of manual for this GR and the church that had this GR did mostly Ledger printing ... which lead me to believe they had it setup for Ledger and not A4 .... see what you make of it