Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    NIXK

RP3700 Drum not fully inking

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a Riso RP3700 but I'm having a few issues with the black drum not inking all the way up. I had a look around and found some advice on what might be causing it (clogged tubes/ink filter, dried screens, broken pump) but all have been checked/cleaned.

I think it has something to do with the adjustment of the squeegee as it only effects one side of the drum, and tightening it has improved the inking (after putting about 100 copies through). I also think it's strange that it isn't the very edge that isn't inking, it's about a centimetre in from the edge.

I've attached a picture of what the problem is.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2014-12-01 18.15.19.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: RP3700 Drum not fully inking

I don't see Riso anymore but I do see savin duplicators once in a while.

Does this drum have an inking roller inside? On some Savin duplicators I've worked on I've seen similar problems when the set screw that holds the gear on the end of the inking roller comes loose. Some times I just need to tighten it up. Other times the gear / set screw are stripped and need to be replaced.

NIXK

Re: RP3700 Drum not fully inking

Thanks for the tip, it does have an inking roller. I took the whole thing out and made sure no screws were loose as well as double checking the gap between that and the squeegee is correct but it hasn't made any difference.

I'm now thinking it's more likely to be to do with the ink delivery tubes being somewhat clogged. Ink is still getting through but maybe not enough to spread fully?