Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    patenuza

GR 3750 paper not feeding / clutch not engaging

Alright I could really use some help here, about at the end of my rope with this one...

I had a bad drum cause a motor lock error a few weeks back, which threw the vertical page position way off. Today I went in and reset all of the pulleys and timing, everything appears to be spot on except now the paper will not feed, it seems that the paper feed clutch is not engaging at all. I checked the stacker feed switch, its fine - checked the pf clutch sensor and it is functioning correctly. Used some can air to spray the paper feed detection sensor off, the paper still will not feed. Could my clutch have gone bad that quickly ? Or maybe I set the timing incorrectly (followed the procedures outlined in the manual...) I suppose I'm just confused since it was feeding paper perfectly fine before I messed with the timing - 95% sure it is timed correctly though... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! What am I missing here?

patenuza

Re: GR 3750 paper not feeding / clutch not engaging

FIXED IT - after going over everything again I realized I had accidentally disengaged the the tab on the clutch plate from the keyed part of the clutch - reassembled it correctly and now it is working perfectly. Classic case of operator error

Technician

Hello,
    I believe I am having the exact same problem you described here with my GR3750. I have no idea how to retime the machine, however. Where do I start with this? What manual is it that you are using. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've included a video of my machine below.
    Thanks,
    B

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barrywilder View Post
    Hello,
    I believe I am having the exact same problem you described here with my GR3750. I have no idea how to retime the machine, however. Where do I start with this? What manual is it that you are using. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've included a video of my machine below.
    Thanks,
    B
    If you could remove the drum and then take a picture of the entire back of the machine that would be helpful.
    This might help, too.

Technician

PROBLEM FIXED!

After giving up, paying a tech $100 to do nothing, and preparing to sell off my equipment, I gave it another shot with the service manual and managed to fix the problem completely.
    The machine was badly out of time. Pages I-34 - I-39 in the GR service manual got me through the issue - though it took me several attempts to get it right.

The first time I attempted to reset the Main Pulley and the Cam Pulley, as I rotated the cam pulley into alignment, I believe I inadvertently knocked the main pulley out of place. When I tried again, I left an alan wrench through the holes to keep the Main Pulley in place, and through the holes in the Cam Pulley as I re-tightened the Paper Feed Clutch Base. On my earlier attempts, I also reset the P-disc before adjusting the pulleys, leaving it totally out of place again after the adjustment. When I realized that re-setting the P-disc needed to be the last step, everything came together.

My experience working with a repair company was awful. I'm sure there are reputable businesses out there who know what they're doing, but the folks I took my machine to (CRI Digital in Columbus Ohio) charged me without fixing the machine, which, as it turns out, should have been simple to fix for a trained tech.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice/ sent PDFS!