Technician

EZ 590 U new drum "error T96-569"

I just bought a new ink drum for my EZ 590 U risograph. When I put it in it says " System Error. Turn Main power on and off. If recovery has failed. Call service" and the code T96-569. Am I doing something wrong (should I enter some kind of code etc) or was I sold the wrong drum for my riso model? It says Riso EZ Color Drum in the drum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    Alejandra

Re: EZ 590 U new drum "error T96-569"

Have you tried following the setup for new drum procedure that should have been inside new drum packaging? Did this new drum come directy from RISO or an authorized RISO dealer?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Have you tried following the setup for new drum procedure that should have been inside new drum packaging? Did this new drum come directy from RISO or an authorized RISO dealer?
    I bought it from ebay, so I guess I shouldn't have said "new" . Just new to me...

Is there a set up procedure that needs to be done? The other drum I have just worked right away...

Thanks for you help!
    Alejandra

Was the other drum inked up? I'm guessing it was.

The code you're getting means the that ink color or category was not inputted or missing. I suspect it has not been setup. Make sure your selected ink is in the drum, then you have to go into test mode, input 117 press start, input 890 press start. Turn machine OFF! Restart in test mode, input 887 press start, unit will run for 2 - 5 minutes inking up drum. If you don't know how to get into test mode, get a manual and/or look in other posts here.

Good luck.

Technician

Was the other drum inked up? I'm guessing it was.

The code you're getting means the that ink color or category was not inputted or missing. I suspect it has not been setup. Make sure your selected ink is in the drum, then you have to go into test mode, input 117 press start, input 890 press start. Turn machine OFF! Restart in test mode, input 887 press start, unit will run for 2 - 5 minutes inking up drum. If you don't know how to get into test mode, get a manual and/or look in other posts here.

Good luck.
    Thank you so much!
    The drum was not inked up, it was all clean. The seller just told me that it was not used or programmed to a color. However it came with a red ink tube. Should I just do what you suggest with the ink that it came with? Or do I need to set an ink color then?
    Thanks again!

Whatever color tube you use will be programmed into the drum, so use what color you want it to to be. Note, you can't just switch tubes to change the color, the drum has to be cleaned and reprogrammed if you want to change the color.
    Good luck.

Technician

Whatever color tube you use will be programmed into the drum, so use what color you want it to to be. Note, you can't just switch tubes to change the color, the drum has to be cleaned and reprogrammed if you want to change the color.
    Good luck.
    Thank you for all your help but I called riso support and still having problems.

When new drum in, immediately after "test mode" shows up on LCD, it beeps
    and says "error code T96-569" Blocks keypad, can not enter "890".

Without drum in, "test mode" possible, "890, start" possible, but then
    error code "T96-570"
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by alejandra; 02-11-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Technician

It might NOT be an EZ590 drum. It might be another drum.
    Recently, I saw a guy on eBay selling a drum as an EZ590 drum that was actually an EZ220 drum
    and it will not work in your EZ590.

We could help you discern which drum type it is with pictures of your drum.

We are the largest supplier of NEW & USED RISO drums (over 400 in stock) and spare PARTS (most models) in the U.S.

Let us know if we can help.

Lindsey Interdonati
    President

Only Great Copiers
    Wilmington, NC 28405