Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    prplr

Question Sending file to print on Riso MZ

Hi! I have a Riso MZ870 and connected it directly to my Macbook Air via USB printer cable. It takes seconds to send an A4 size artwork to print with Illustrator but much longer when it is an A3 size artwork. In fact I have not successfully printed an A3 file :-/ Anyone has any idea what's the issue? Will it help if I install a network card or PC interface card?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Sending file to print on Riso MZ

Hi prplr,

From my experience, I find it better to send PDFs (saved in the PDF/X format) to my Riso MZ from Adobe Acrobat rather than directly from any other program.

Additionally... I'm not sure why but sometimes the files don't appear in the print queue after I send them to the printer, so I need to send them again and they eventually come through. Some files seem to have more problems than others. Sometimes, a job will also get stuck so that there is only a few centimetres of the artwork cut-off in one print queue job (visible in the master preview) and then the other part of that job is stuck transferring in the queue, so I have to restart the machine to clear the queue and then send the file to the printer again.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone knows why this happens or has any other solutions for this.

Best,

Dan