RP3700 Paper Tray fault

Dear Copytechnet users!

I am working on an RP3700 machine, and recently noticed an issue with the paper tray feed which I think may be causing problems with paper jams etc. It appears that on the lef thand side of the tray, where the motors to raise the tray are, seems to be far lower than the right hand side, causing it to be wonky. This also means that when flat, the left hinge is further away from the base than the right. Please see photo's attached which might explain better.

There also seems to be an issue when the paper tray is rising, it staggers its ever so slightly, as if the motors are too weak to lift it.

Could anyone reccomend a mechanical fix for this as I can't seem to find anything else online. I feel like its a simple case of loosening/tightening a screw but am afraid I might disconnect the tray all together.

Thanks for your help!

Will & JoshIMG_6905.jpgIMG_6906.jpgIMG_6911.jpgIMG_6913.JPG

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: RP3700 Paper Tray fault

you can see that one side is higher than the other in the picture. Time to drop it all the way down and fix the left mech on both sides.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Thanks. Is the left mech you talk about something I should be able to fix by hand? And you say it applie to both sides of the paper tray? Sorry to sound unaware but is it a mechanical (e.g. screw loose) issue or more electrical.

If if you know anywhere I might find the instructions to do this I would be really grateful, if not appreciate your advice !

Cheers

will

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will12B View Post
    Thanks. Is the left mech you talk about something I should be able to fix by hand? And you say it applie to both sides of the paper tray? Sorry to sound unaware but is it a mechanical (e.g. screw loose) issue or more electrical.

If if you know anywhere I might find the instructions to do this I would be really grateful, if not appreciate your advice !

Cheers

will
    First of all, I think RRodgers meant to say "lift" rather than "left".
    Generally you just have to get to the tray lift drive when the tray is all the way down, and remove the front gear and manually move the tray until it is level, then put the front gear back on.
    An important warning though: there are some really strong springs on both the front and the back of the machine that you will need to disconnect before you remove the gear. Be really careful with that, or you, people you care about or your stuff will get damaged.
    Um, the only times I've seen this problem were when people put stupid things on the tray or leaned on it. I'd keep a closer eye on the machine if I were you.

Thanks for the helpful response. Unfortunately I am not with the machine at the moment so will have to wait a week or so to try and fix the problem. Is this something you think is possible to do by ourselves?
    We have only recently bought the machine and have been taking good care of it so we think the fault may have been caused by either moving or could have been there for a while.

Again, thanks for your help.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will12B View Post
    Is this something you think is possible to do by ourselves?
    That depends on what you consider your mechanical aptitude to be. Therefore I can't answer that question, so you're going to have to make a judgement call and then live with the results.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

"Lift"
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician

It is clearly the lift tray. Does it go up and down if you press the green button?

We are the largest supplier of USED RISO drums (over 400 in stock) and spare PARTS (most models) in the U.S.

Let us know if we can help.

Lindsey Interdonati
    President

Only Great Copiers
    Wilmington, NC 28405