Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Technician Wages

Very interesting and objective inside-analysis of your country.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts robscopyr's Avatar
    "I am not sure I understand your point. The guy from Norway has a great package"

EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    and from what I have read, the guys from down under are not doing too bad.
    Yeah, things are pretty sweet 'round here. Very nice place, massive jetski, hardly eat at home and the awesome benefits of staff pricing on goods!!!

One of the other techs just got himself a bayliner boat & another just imported a mustang from the states. We cant complain thats for sure.

This post sure is an interesting read. I find it hard to comprehend the differences, especially considering the Aussie dollar is now level with the US dollar.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Australia is another place I want to visit before I croak. Sounds nice there.

Jetskis are illigal in Norway ... Don't know if it is too much fun? or just because it use gas and may pollute and make noise.. I think it's going to change in a 1-3 years time.
    There is a limmit in how much you can use it here anyway..may to september.. or you will freeze you nuts of. Or wear a drysuit So how bad can it be?

Hey.. I can even remember when skateboarding was illigal.. I was stopped by the police back in 87. Hey kid..get of that board and walk home. It's illigal. Somebody had been hurt a few years back.. With that logic they should ban bikes as well. My Santa Cruz board with skelleton wheels and golden bar trucks lol. It became legal a year or so after that.

I was in Australia in 2001 or 2002. That was fantastic... and big..and big
    We looked at the map, and wanted to see several places. The time (and cost) it took to coved the distances was more then I expected. My friend was born in Australia - but he left when he was 7 or 8. And he had only been there once again when he was in his early teens... when his parents paid for everything.
    The change in scenery is really cool. From desert to tropical. Diving.. while scared shitless of sharks.. been watching Discovery channel to much
    And I was in Coober Pedy digging for Opals for a day. That was hot in January. I've never experienced heat like that except for in Africa (Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea and Somalia).
    I've only been driving through New Mexico and Arizona in a 1972 Trans Am with a killer AC. But I can imagine it can be hot there too.
    I remember I was always on the look for spiders and snakes in Australia.. again.. Steve Irwin.
    Took a few days before I could relax more lol. In Norway we have one venomous snake, and you can handle a bite if you're healthy. I've been bitten once btw. I've had hangovers that is worse..
    The climate is too cold for other snakes to live here.
    I didn't have money to stay in Australia for more then 14 days. That is probably 6-8 weeks less then what I needed to see all the sights. (It's just like the US.. a few weeks is not enough.)
    I was traveling in Asia at the moment, and was living on a very tight budget. The money and trip would last much longer in Thailand, Burma, Vietnam so we continued on our trip.

Now I work 16-17 hours a day. Trying to save some money for a trip. Peru, Brazil and Belize is places I'd like to see. Venezuela too btw. Too bad it cost a lot of money to travel there.

SID.KADEN
    Now I work 16-17 hours a day. Trying to save some money for a trip. Peru, Brazil and Belize is places I'd like to see. Venezuela too btw. Too bad it cost a lot of money to travel there.

OMD-227
    Well come on down fella's. You are welcome at my place anytime.

Barbeques, Beers and babes......... thats Australia.

We got that Oprah chick coming here tonight. All the news are carrying on like its the greatest thing ever. Whoopiedooo!!! Respect to her and crew, but all the fuss is abit much.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Might take you up on the offer someday. Oprah is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Well come on down fella's. You are welcome at my place anytime.

Barbeques, Beers and babes......... thats Australia.

We got that Oprah chick coming here tonight. All the news are carrying on like its the greatest thing ever. Whoopiedooo!!! Respect to her and crew, but all the fuss is abit much.