Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta high volume trained - what's the going rate?

Quote Originally Posted by teasea View Post
    Good read and good perspective from both sides.
    I agree. I see a lot of rookies coming in and want the money before they even have a clue as to what they are doing or know what good customer service truly is. They are the ones that will never last in any industry. To be a good tech you have to put the extra work and expect not to get paid for it in the short term.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta high volume trained - what's the going rate?

I live both sides of this line. I wouldn't be in the position I'm in if I had to have an increase everytime I got more training, or when I put in my own time for training. I.E. A+, Net+ ect. But at some point one does need to feel the love after proving theirself worthy. This is what I try to explain to any newcomers or potential hires. I've been at this longer than most, not all and I'm looking for a good Ricoh/Sharp tech in Omaha Ne now.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

musam
    i am in south africa working on konica minolta products i got an offer to work in australia and need all the advise i need to consider or be aware of. anybody

Service Manager 100+ Posts linuxxpwin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    I agree. I see a lot of rookies coming in and want the money before they even have a clue as to what they are doing or know what good customer service truly is. They are the ones that will never last in any industry. To be a good tech you have to put the extra work and expect not to get paid for it in the short term.
    I absolutely agree, with this, new techies think they can come in, and want a high pay when they have no clue about what is expected.

I will give u an example right now, just before I logged on I had a machine Shipped to me for fixing, MF8180, they were told it could not be fixed, well it turned out that I fixed it without replacing any parts in this machine.

A lot of troubleshooting is understanding how the machines works, what comes on when, where and how, observation and listening.

I have had cases where I would sit and talk to the machine, trying to hear what, ailment she have. I have never given up on a machine yet, only time I do so is when I absolutely cannot get parts anymore or if it turns out to be costing the customer too much, depending on size.

Good Tech are hard to find, but when one is found they should rewarded justly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Mita-Konica-Tech's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta high volume trained - what's the going rate?

I read everyones post with interest... But the fact is Salaries have been stagnate for the last Five years...and in many markets have drasticly fallen. Yet companies are still quite profitable even though CPC rates have declined; and we tech's continue to provide excellent customer service and continue to update our training...on yet more complicated equipment.... Being in the business for over twenty years; one thing I never turned down was training... I known techs who refused to learn Digital/networked/MFP products when they first came on the market... are no longer in the industry now... As a Production Color Tech my customers are more demanding than ever... Yet employers still do not value our technical experience/customer service skills.... Just so you understand were I'm coming from; I worked both in the field and in management, for small ma and pa shops, mid-size dealers and in a Manufacture branch office.... Yes Money is important but so is job security... Everyone weights these items differently....