Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Money Money Money

Hi! I was just wondering, how much does a good tehnician earn in germany/ england? Thanks! I'm just thinking about leaving my country, sometime in the future and would like to know this...

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Money Money Money

Re: Money Money Money

So many factors such as the company you work for, machines you fix (sharp, cannon, etc) and experience. I would advise to look at jobs in the uk to get a rough idea.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

This is a US survey:
    2011_tech_salary_survey.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks! Interesting survey.. maybe I'll come to US in a few years

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Money Money Money

Please keep in mind that salary is not the whole story. A lot depends on the cost of living in the location that you are living. A tech making 25K in a rural area, in the final analysis, might be doing better than a tech making 40K in an urban locale.

So start with the salary, then subtract out the standard living costs we all have (rent or mortgage, electricity, natural gas, transportation, property taxes, food, insurance, etc.), then what really matters: how much is left over. It's hard to tell until you do the math. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Money Money Money

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Please keep in mind that salary is not the whole story. A lot depends on the cost of living in the location that you are living. A tech making 25K in a rural area, in the final analysis, might be doing better than a tech making 40K in an urban locale.

So start with the salary, then subtract out the standard living costs we all have (rent or mortgage, electricity, natural gas, transportation, property taxes, food, insurance, etc.), then what really matters: how much is left over. It's hard to tell until you do the math. =^..^=
    Exactly, Blackcat. I was offered a job in California for double what I make here. I thought it was great. Then I looked into what it would cost to move and where I would live. The cost of living was twice what it is here. When I finished all the calculations, I would have a good bit less at the end of the month than what I earn here. So I turned the job down.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

You are absolutely right! I know the answer to my question couldn't have been of the type "4000" or "2500", I know there are a lot of factors to consider... but believe me, anywhere would be better as in my country, where you do the whole math and the result = 0. I wouldn't want to complain, but this is the cruel reality...Thanks!

LaurenBrown

I am very interested in becoming an engineer

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenBrown View Post
    I am very interested in becoming an engineer
    I hope that your desire is due to your love of fixing machinery, and not of a desire to make lots of money. Field equipment repair is a great job for the right individual, there are many perks and benefits from working in the field, but sadly, pay is not high on the list. You can make a living, but you need to love the challenge of making things work properly again, and love even more the bigger challenge of making the customer a fan of your company.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    This is a US survey:
    2011_tech_salary_survey.pdf
    Great survey summary, Mojo.
    Very educational.
    Quite interesting to see that ladies entering the industry is on the rise.
    Perhaps they'll class up the joint.
    Thanks for posting.
    -I