Jobs/Working in Dubai

Hi,

My partner possibly has a job opportunity working in Dubai. If she takes the job then I will be actively looking to seek a position repairing MFP's.

What is it like to work there? What's is the industry like?

I am a Konica Minolta (haven't worked on them for 6 years), Ricoh, Canon and HP trained engineer. I competently work on a vast range of kit and manufacturers. I cover small desktop machine to print production MFP's both colour and B/W.

I currently work for a large Dealer in the UK and I am the Supervisor of and engineering team. I have been in the industry for the last 14 years.

Any information or contact would be gratefully received .

thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Jobs/Working in Dubai

Re: Jobs/Working in Dubai

Lived and worked a great part of my life in the Middle East. With a family it is IMHO out of the question, otherwise at least following conditions must be met:

- At least double pay for both of you with either free housing or compensation
    - A very good medical care insurance covering everything
    - Willing to live in a very hot and dusty climate with all its disadvantages.
    - Willing to live in a completely different society and culture with not the slightest resemblance to a life in the UK.

Realize that social support is non existent and you can be moved out of the country within a day. You are fully depending on a local sponsor who can decide as his mood is and also there is no protection for you by the law or anybody. You're alone and have to fight your way on yourself.

One goes there only for the money that's it. I doubt that a European copier tech can make good money there. You have to compete salary wise with well educated techs from 3rd world countries such as India who are likely satisfied with less money than you.

Before you make a decision visit the country first and have a really good look. Don't get impressed to soon by the seemingly luxury life over there.

I still am visiting on a regular base the ME and I made very goods friends over there but every time when I return back I must really say that life in Europe is really not that bad. At all. For sure.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

thanks Hans.

It is still in the early stages of discussions so a lot still has to be talked about.

We have a 18 month old boy to consider too so there is a lot to think about before we decide.

cheers

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Jobs/Working in Dubai

I lived in the ME, not exactly Dubai, but very similar and had a good comfortable life with my wife. Good money, large house, housekeeper, nanny, fancy car, you name it. In 1985 my baby girl was born. When she became one year old I decided to come back to Germany because I wanted her to grow up in a decent society where there are ethics and moral instead of only money. I wanted her to grow up in MY culture around MY people being raised with OUR values. Not a single day I have regrets though money wise it was sometimes a very hard time in the years after.

I wish you all luck in the world with your decision pal.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

I am ranadheer mudrakola. I completed b.tech computer science and engineering and I was worked in kyocera technician job and also I got percentage in b.tech 71.90%. Please give me one opportunity for me then I proof it

Any one contact me phone: 8106232810
    Email:rana.456838@gmail.com

Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

Angry Re: Jobs/Working in Dubai

aw, cmon !

You're asking for a job in a thread that a guy started to ask how is it to work there, not offering any jobs for you or anybody,
    and it doesn't matter how much training or scores you have, you lack the most important for a tech, the lack of attention to details,
    as a tech you have to be intelligent and double check the details, before proceeding to the next step, in this case, you didn't even bother in reading (and understanding) the first post.

::I wouldn't hire you man.