Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Brazilian technician needs help.

Hello guys, I'm from Brazil and have 30 years old, I'm current working in a company that is ricoh dealer, and my company has almost 95 percent of business with government, my country are passing through a several crise, and government isn't paying with regularly, so my company is passing through a difficult time. I'm current field supervisor but I'm doing a lot of technician job, and I really like this type of job. But I'm afraid that my company doesn't maintain printer outsourcing department open, I have this feeling about 3 months ago and my boss tell me to not worry because I have opportunity in any other department that I want, sales, marketing, or anything else. But I don't want to leave this area . I'm so happy with my job, I really like to take my car and get servicing machines entire day. I went to this area about 3 years ago, before this I always worked with network things like firewalls, proxy server, database (Oracle), print servers, my network knowledge is pretty high. I have to much facility to learn things, i learn English seeing movies and TV series with subtitles and some point I turn off just to exercise my English. I never have any training in rich or canon because in Brazil is to much expensive to training a technician. And with only 3 month's (seriously) I was serving Ricoh machines. I have experience in several rich models both color and bw. I thinking to relocate to another country and look for job opportunities in USA or UK. I'm really excited with this and like to know if anybody out there had passed for a situation like that, and has relocate to another country, is difficult to a company hire a guy from another country? Any comments are appreciated.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Brazilian technician needs help.

I can greatly appreciate the handicaps that you have endured. There are a couple things that I would focus on if I were going to seek employment:

1) I would try to get some certifications from the manufacturer. Even if it's only online training, you need to have a few certifications to round out your resume'. Networking certifications look good on a resume' too.
    2) If you are seeking employment in the US or UK, you'll need to polish your English a little. To present yourself professionally, you'll need to communicate effectively with with the customers. Customers will assume that if you cannot communicate, that you are not very smart. You and I know better. And I know how difficult it is master another language.

These are just a few suggestions. I wish you good luck. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Brazilian technician needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I can greatly appreciate the handicaps that you have endured. There are a couple things that I would focus on if I were going to seek employment:

1) I would try to get some certifications from the manufacturer. Even if it's only online training, you need to have a few certifications to round out your resume'. Networking certifications look good on a resume' too.
    2) If you are seeking employment in the US or UK, you'll need to polish your English a little. To present yourself professionally, you'll need to communicate effectively with with the customers. Customers will assume that if you cannot communicate, that you are not very smart. You and I know better. And I know how difficult it is master another language.

These are just a few suggestions. I wish you good luck. =^..^=
    Thanks for this tips Blackcat, my brother came back from Canada and are helping me with my gramatical, and we speak in English every time we met. This helps a lot. I don't know how to validate a Brazilian certificate for USA or UK. And this month I'm going to a week of training with pro 5100 series, I'm paying everything, since my company don't want spend money in a training without know if stays in business. But I think is the smart move right now, because if I'm not a dealer employee I can't training in ricoh Brazil. My networking skills are excellent and I have experience with Print Audit. When came to this company every meter reading are manual (can you imagine this?) And we have like 500 equipment in field. Now we have about 2500 equipment and a effective way to meter reading this. My boss give me a huge payment raising after I install and setup all clients with print audit and cut by 5 meter reading cost, I'm engaged right now in a project of just In time toner replacement trying to lower toner expent to.i always try to get my job Better and easy and all companies like that.