Technician

Full software reset of printers chips-possible ?

Hello,
    i have found software printerresetter.com/ . It promis to reset toner chips, drum chips and also belt and fuser. it seem too perfect , what do you think about it ? Is it possible to bypass it so easy??
    How could it be possible to reset it ?

What you think about it ?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Full software reset of printers chips-possible ?

If the things they share don't work, can you get a refund?
    Sorry, if a place offering stuff like this really believes in their own product, they will have a decent return policy. Otherwise they are something to be ignored.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Full software reset of printers chips-possible ?

Re: Full software reset of printers chips-possible ?

Interesting....Although I don't work on, or with them as a rule, I happen to use an Oki C3400n at home for my basic colour printing needs, and have recently been searching for a reset method for the drums, as they are nearly spent (according to the counters).
    I'd found a couple of manual methods where you attach a couple of leads to the unit, run the wires outside the printer and then 'short' them together to simulate a fuse on a new unit, but I'd not gotten around to trying it.
    I did try the free trial of this software, and it worked perfectly!
    I will say that I was a little nervous for a few minutes because the message 'rebooting printer' remained on for a long time, and the caution light flashed on the printer. After some time, I just closed the dialog box and manually rebooted the printer, and counts were reset.
    I did the 'manual' reset and selected only the drums because I have no need to reset the toner, belt or fuser.
    Thanks for the link!