Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HPclj m476 double image

HPclj m476 double image

Hi folks,
    I have a customer with this HP clj m476 getting double image, I replaced fuser twice with brand new "oem" fusers. its certainly coming from fuser,I dont think its coming from drums. I tried new and different paper, how can access service mode on this unit, or secondary service mode, I know the manual says to hit 2 invisible keys at the same time I can change paper type through copy settings, but to no avail. Any help surely appreciated..!!
    Thanks,
    Jaime, Indep. Copy Svc.

Re: HPclj m476 double image

Hellow!
    its seems your black toner cartridge have charger roller issue, try to change the charging roller.
    goodluck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: HPclj m476 double image

There is no service mode pin for this machine.[i did not find any ] all the service mode items can be accessed from the web server. Type the ip address of the machine into your computer browser and the menus will come up.

HP Web Services menuNOTE:
    This menu is also available by touching the Web Services button on the Home screen.

Product resetsRestore the factory-set defaultsRestoring the factory-set defaults returns most of the settings to the factory defaults.
    It will not reset thepage count or tray size, but it might reset the language.
    To restore the product to the factory-defaultsettings, follow these steps.
    1. Touchscreen control panels: Touch the Setup Setup button to open the Setup menu
    2. Open the Service menu.
    3. Select the Restore defaults item, and then press the OK button.The product automatically restarts.

pg. 47 of the troubleshooting manual

Half self-test functional checkThe half self-test check determines which printing process is malfunctioning. This process requires you tostop the product while it is in the process of printing a page.
    1. Print a Configuration page.a. From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Setup Setup button.b. Touch Reports.c. Touch Configuration Report to begin printing the report.
    2. Open the toner-cartridge-door after the paper advances halfway through the product (about fiveseconds after the motor begins rotating). The leading edge of the paper should have advanced past thetoner cartridge.
    3. Remove the toner cartridge.
    4. Open the toner-cartridge drum shield to view the drum surface. If a dark and distinct toner image ispresent on the drum surface, assume that the first two functions of the electrophotographic processare functioning (image
    formation and development). Troubleshoot the failure as a transfer or fusingproblem.
    Last edited by subaro; 12-05-2015 at 02:29 AM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke