Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP Laserjet P3015 Jams & Blank Pages

All pages come out blank & printer will jam as paper is coming out of fuser. I did a diag on sensors. The registration sensor & paper exit sensor showed good on diag screen. This screen has three 0's one for each sensor. I could not get the third 0 to switch to 1. Not sure which sensor activates this 0. I have changed cartridge. Check cartridge contact springs. Also replaced hvps, and checked to make sure laser blocking plate was working properly. Any ideas? Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

Re: HP Laserjet P3015 Jams & Blank Pages

check to make sure the pickup solenoid is not sticking, you could try the manual feed and see if it works the way it's supposed to Good luck

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP Laserjet P3015 Jams & Blank Pages

Quote Originally Posted by Rich123 View Post
    All pages come out blank & printer will jam as paper is coming out of fuser. I did a diag on sensors. The registration sensor & paper exit sensor showed good on diag screen. This screen has three 0's one for each sensor. I could not get the third 0 to switch to 1. Not sure which sensor activates this 0. I have changed cartridge. Check cartridge contact springs. Also replaced hvps, and checked to make sure laser blocking plate was working properly. Any ideas? Thanks.
    when you say exit sensor.. the one at the output tray? or behind the fuser. The manual should have a diagram on locations of sensors.

two things could be causing blanks... the connection between HVPS and trans roller.
    do you hear any noise coming from the laser unit?

Make sure you're not confusing the registration sensor with the paper width sensor. They're both in the registration area. The reg sensor flag is in the middle, next to (touching) the registration rollers. The width sensor is off to the (right?) side, poking out of the bottom plate. Registration sensor problems could cause the symptoms you're describing.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Maybe we can back this up slightly. What is the error/ jam message you are getting?

I'd be taking a look at the paper pickup solenoids, they are easy to check. This machine is known for solenoid problems. Sometimes they pop apart and you can put them back together, other times you need to replace them. However it is a cheap part, about $10

http://icareasc.com/ICareKM/Universi...eplacement.pdf