Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

Need Some Comments and Suggestions Regarding Printers

Hi i would like to ask from you guys some comments or suggestions regarding printers. What models of printers can you suggest that is better or best depending on your experience with the machine. Like for example, HP or Lexmark or other brand that you can recommend. Also may i know their advantage and disadvantage like for example on pc connectivity, if they can connect on windows or mac, what parts are commonly replaced. Any ideas and suggestions would be gladly appreciated. Upon giving some ideas and models of the machine, i will do the rest of the research.

Thank you very much.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Need Some Comments and Suggestions Regarding Printers

Do some research and see what models use "real" fuser rollers instead of fuser film/sleeve that HP uses. I think Ricoh still use real fuser rollers in their printers? (stay away from Ricoh copiers!)

HP use to be the go to printer but not anymore, the new stuff is junk! The "P" series was the beginning of end for HP!
    Just my opinion but the last good printer that HP made was the LJ4350. Yes this used a fuser film but fuser lasted whole maint cycle.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

really it all depends on what the printer will be used for .... we have quite a few Oki C931e/941e unit in the field for graphic artists a.d for that do greeting cards n the such. Straight Shooter ( canada ) makes a great feeder/conveyor system for the C9xxe series production laser printer.

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    It depends on B/W or Color, paper sizes (Letter/A4 or 11x17"/A3), number of prints/month. For Letter/A4, B/W I would prefer Kyocera, but not for color.

Thank you for your reply. what model can you recommend A3 b/w also in A3 color machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    really it all depends on what the printer will be used for .... we have quite a few Oki C931e/941e unit in the field for graphic artists a.d for that do greeting cards n the such. Straight Shooter ( canada ) makes a great feeder/conveyor system for the C9xxe series production laser printer.

Thank you for your reply. I will do more research on that machine. how about on pc connectivity, does it have any issue?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Do some research and see what models use "real" fuser rollers instead of fuser film/sleeve that HP uses. I think Ricoh still use real fuser rollers in their printers? (stay away from Ricoh copiers!)

HP use to be the go to printer but not anymore, the new stuff is junk! The "P" series was the beginning of end for HP!
    Just my opinion but the last good printer that HP made was the LJ4350. Yes this used a fuser film but fuser lasted whole maint cycle.

Thank you for your reply.I will do research more on LJ4350. Is there any model you can recommend? also does it have any issue on pc connectivity on different operating system?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

The B&W LJ 4350 is an old printer but still being sold used or refurbed. JetDirect should be compatible with most every OS.

Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    Thank you for your reply.I will do research more on LJ4350. Is there any model you can recommend? also does it have any issue on pc connectivity on different operating system?
    HP LJ 4350 is no longer in production... some parts are difficult to find in a reliable 3rd party environment

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

For what it's worth Oki (brother being their closest competitor, still not anywhere near as much bang for the buck) and or well built fuser both have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    For what it's worth Oki (brother being their closest competitor, still not anywhere near as much bang for the buck) and or well built fuser both have my vote.
    funny because on an OKI the fuser ( on larger color model ) has a life of 200,000.... brother at best is 100,000.. and the image quality of a brother is nothing near that of Oki... not to mention the life of the drums and toners. I am ASP for Oki - Brother - HP - Xerox - Epson and KM