Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP M5035 scanned PDF are corrupted\invalid - Windows 10 scan to shared folder

Hi,
    So we have 1 HP M5035 A3 machine in a LAN with several desktops and laptops with both Windows 7 Home\Pro and Windows 10 Home\Pro. Each has a shared "Scan" folder on wich the HP M5035 sends scanned PDF to. Everything worked fine until on 1 Windows 10 Pro desktop the PDFs cannot be opened, either with Adobe Reader and\or Chrome\Foxit. They seem corrupted or invalid. The machine gives no error, it scans and sends the PDF as it should. What I noticed is the size of the PDFs seems weird. Its either 128KB, 64KB or sometimes 0KB. I tried recreating the shared folder, made another one, updated Windows 10, tried a bunch of shared folder options, nothing works. Anyone else encountered this issue?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: HP M5035 scanned PDF are corrupted\invalid - Windows 10 scan to shared folder

when you created folder make sure it is called something different. i had a folder go bad deleted and create folder using same name. It wouldn't scan to folder. I then created a folder and use a different name on folder i was able to scan to it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP M5035 scanned PDF are corrupted\invalid - Windows 10 scan to shared folder

I saw something similar to this on an older Toshiba. PDF scans all arrived at 0KB size and would not open or be deleted. I discovered later that I could not delete the scan folder or change its properties in any way.

I created a new scan folder with a new name, and entered the new credentials and all worked fine. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    when you created folder make sure it is called something different. i had a folder go bad deleted and create folder using same name. It wouldn't scan to folder. I then created a folder and use a different name on folder i was able to scan to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I saw something similar to this on an older Toshiba. PDF scans all arrived at 0KB size and would not open or be deleted. I discovered later that I could not delete the scan folder or change its properties in any way.

I created a new scan folder with a new name, and entered the new credentials and all worked fine. =^..^=
    Hmm, that's interesting. I can't remeber exactly but I think I renamed the original folder and redid the sharing settings. I'll check with a brand new folder with different name though. I'll get back with the results! Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Try using Irfanview with all plug-ins installed for those files larger than 0.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by c3110 View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting. I can't remeber exactly but I think I renamed the original folder and redid the sharing settings. I'll check with a brand new folder with different name though. I'll get back with the results! Thanks
    Hi, any updates on this post?
    I have the same problem and I can't find a solution.
    I found this problem on HP M5035 and also on HP M4345 (not 4345 but M4345). They seem to use the same software, the interface when you log in with ip adress looks pretty much the same and the menu on the copier screen looks the same.
    I think it only happens on Windows 10 but I'm not sure yet, maybe it has something to do with SMB (I read something on other forums).
    If anyone has any idea please post it.

Thank you!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mihailelea View Post
    Hi, any updates on this post?
    I have the same problem and I can't find a solution.
    I found this problem on HP M5035 and also on HP M4345 (not 4345 but M4345). They seem to use the same software, the interface when you log in with ip adress looks pretty much the same and the menu on the copier screen looks the same.
    I think it only happens on Windows 10 but I'm not sure yet, maybe it has something to do with SMB (I read something on other forums).
    If anyone has any idea please post it.

Thank you!
    This thread is almost a year old. To avoid being ignored start a new one. Include as much detail as you can.