Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Timh

Issues with Toshiba studio 2830C

I have a Toshiba 2830C that I work with, it does the standard printing and copying just fine, but recently I've run into trouble with faxing. When I put in a number it will act like it sent, but it will never be recieved, and when I try to send it to an email adress it will say something along the lines of unrecognised "from Adress"
    Any ideas on what might be the problem?
    Thnak you for taking the time to read this and help me out.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Re: Issues with Toshiba studio 2830C

When trying to send the "Fax" as an email, the error that you are shown is basically saying that you haven't setup the Internet Fax settings.

With the faxes, does the machine report that they have been sent within the activity log? If so, then is the problem only with one number or all numbers you try to send a fax to?

Is your fax board set for your country?

Are you running a 2 pair or single pair cable? Try a single pair cable as this can help with Mode 3 wiring faults.

Try turning off JBIG compression and slowing the machine down to v17 by turning off v34.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Timh

I sent off a few tests, and I gor back one that said it failed and two that seemed normal.
    The failure had status 0050, the start time was 10:35 and the end time was 10:46
    and the other two had NG 00B0 these two had no end times

I think I'm currently using a 2 pair wire, havent had the chance to try with a single, and I'm not sure how to check the faax board or JBig compression.
    Thank you for your reply, please let me know if this explains the problem a bit better.

Edit: I had forgot to mention I had tried sending about 5 faxes the other day. It wasn't imdiate but one did manage to get through, there were no error messages for the others, that I could find. I lost the logs though, so I might be wrong.
    Last edited by Timh; 06-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

From memory, those errors are normally to do with line quality issues.

You will need the fax board service handbook which contains all the fax codes so you can try adjusting the TX Attenuation, along with trying to turn off JBIG and v34.

Just by chance, have you plugged a standard handset into the line and had a listen to see if there is anything that sounds wrong?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

littledoe

Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) equipped with a suite of security functions that bring an unsurpassed level of data protection to IT equipment. This technology allows you to determine a range of security settings, including invalidation of encryption keys and data invalidation when a drive is removed from its housing or connected to an unauthorized host system.