Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ron G

I want to upgrade

I have a Sharp AR336. I want to upgrade to a new copier/printer/scanner that will work on a Windows 7 network. I'd like to get something comparable to my Sharp, though the brand doesn't matter.

Most specifically, I want a machine that uses a drum and toner, not cartridges. Can anyone recommend some substitutes for me?

Thanks

Ron

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    I want to upgrade

If you were in neck of my woods. I would show the wonderful world of Canon.

Call some Authorized dealers in cali. Canon is out there.

Canon U.S.A., Inc.
    15955 Alton Parkway, Irvine, CA 92718

949-753-4000
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Ron G
    I am certainly aware of Canon, and Xerox, and Ricoh. I was hoping for a recommendation of a more specific nature, that is a specific, comparable machine. I really don't want to spend a lot of time with a dealer who is going to try to sell me the most expensive model in his line. If anyone has a specific set of recommendations or suggestions, I'd be enormously grateful.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    I want to upgrade

Use the internet.

That the next best advice one can give.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

OMD-227
    If you are happy to stay with a Sharp machine, then have a look at the Sharp AR-M317, MXM260, MXM310 or even up to the MXM453. All are reliable, copy/print/scan machines. They are B/W only print, like your AR336, but in a higher resolution. There are many models below and above these in speed, specifications, price and overall capabilities, but these ones I have mentioned most closely fit the speed of your current machine. Everything is digital now. Have a quick look on the Sharp USA website www.sharpusa.com

Ron G
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    My first question would be, what is your average monthly volume? If you are happy with your Sharp, an MX-B401 is a good unit, but not great for scanning a bunch of documents. Most of the smaller Sharps come with

Ron G
    We are looking at this more as a network printer than a network scanner. We would love to use it as a scanner, but only if there are no print jobs pending. We have two very good, high volume scanners available. In terms of volume, it's hard to say. We are not now using a heavy duty network printer. It is because of the cost of using desktop printers that we want to go over to something better. We have not used the Sharp as a network device.

When we begin printing PDFs of things that we now copy, I suspect our combined copy/print volume will be around 3,000 pages per month.

On a separate issue, can anyone suggest how I can sell or trade in my AR-336? What do people do with old machines?

OMD-227
    I was going to mention the MX-B series, but they are A4 only. Ron currently has an A3 capable machine, so I didnt include it. Plus I agree with Mojorolla in the fact its not good for high volume scans, but a great little color laser printer indeed!

You dont need to wait for print jobs to finish when performing scans. Multifunction machines will do multiple tasks at the same time. If that was your concern, dont worry about it.
    If you are only doing about 3K per month, I still recommend what I listed above.

Either offload the old machine to a charity, or call up a metal recycling company to see if they'll take it away. When you own a machine outright, its a different process to getting rid of an old machine, than if it was on contract.

Ron G
    Thanks for all the useful information. I talked to our office administrator and found that I grossly underestaimated our printing needs. It's more like 10,000 to 12,000 per month.