Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    JaysonARM277

ARP17 networking adapter for Sharp AR-M277

Hi guys/gals,

I'm in need of the arp17 networking/scanning adapter for my sharp copier. Having trouble finding one, hope this community can help

Jay

JaysonARM277

Re: ARP17 networking adapter for Sharp AR-M277

Well here we go, a slippery slope. Just bought this copier yesterday, now I opened up the bottom tray and noticed there are springs missing. They hold white plastic roller bearings in place and it looks like I need a few of them. Please let me know if you have any I can buy, Thanks! IMG_0184.JPGSpring.JPGIMG_0186.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by JaysonARM277 View Post
    Well here we go, a slippery slope. Just bought this copier yesterday, now I opened up the bottom tray and noticed there are springs missing. They hold white plastic roller bearings in place and it looks like I need a few of them. Please let me know if you have any I can buy, Thanks! IMG_0184.JPGSpring.JPGIMG_0186.JPG

We are Sharp Authorized Distribuitors we can get parts and supplies for Sharp Copiers.

Ronald Rivera
    1507 NW 87TH AVE
    MIAMI FLORIDA 33134

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Most likely the delivery unit frame has broken pins that hold the springs; it's fairly common for the plastic to become brittle in that area.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

JaysonARM277

Thanks Ronald. Can you email me a quote for the AR-P17 and springs in a PM.

Zootech- yup, there was some sort of fight with a non-tech savvy user and these rollers with oversize paper; the connecting ends are small plastic tabs which did break, found them late last night during the tear down. Going to use high-tech small steel tubing (paper clips) with a high performance epoxy adhesive (jb weld) to repair.
    Last edited by JaysonARM277; 12-08-2014 at 08:11 PM.

JaysonARM277

I may not purchase the AR-P17. I just heard that in order to use the copier as a network scanner, I would have to pay for license from Sharp that costs $600/yr. I like scanning, but not that much. I'm looking into this to see if it's true.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

I may not purchase the AR-P17. I just heard that in order to use the copier as a network scanner, I would have to pay for license from Sharp that costs $600/yr. I like scanning, but not that much. I'm looking into this to see if it's true.
    That cost is for the initial product, not per year.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

JaysonARM277

Ok, looks like this project will meet an abrupt end. Sharp will not give me a cost for a license on scanning/networking becuase it is too old. A licensed Sharp retailer (independent contractor of old stuff) will have to guide me on how to turn this into a network scanner/faxing machine which will give a price. Not sure how that works but it's ~ $600 for the license and $550 for the ARP17 card.

This copier only has 34,000 print jobs total, any one want it?

JaysonARM277

Off to craigslist it goes... Thanks for the info guys.