Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Technician

Re: First time you were exposed to games

Quote Originally Posted by shabbaranks View Post
    Sinclair spectrum with tape loading. You would have about 3 tapes to install a game and it would get to the last one and crash - well annoying!
    Multi Load Games - when they brought out the 128K once you had loaded the stages in they stayed loaded until you turned it off, Playing Out Run was always best after the you had clocked it once

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: First time you were exposed to games

My first game was played on a brand new christmas present a Commodore Vic-20.
    Can remember those typein games in the magazines, great games almost free :-)
    Vic-20 gamebase found her: http://www.commodorecomputers.dk
    Also a bunch of Vic-20 books and magazines found at this site.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

I was born in 88. First game I played that got me hooked anyway was quake1 online (quakeworld) then from there quake2. Loved the mods people created in quake2 such as railwarz ctf (with an offhand laser hook that send you flying 1000 mph. Had to be quick and accurate to hit someone) and weapons of destruction.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Being a girlie I've never really been into gaming, but in the late 70's we did have Pong, which we all thought was amazing; then, in the early 80's we got a Sinclair Spectrum and couldn't believe just how incredible the graphics were lol
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    First time you were exposed to games

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Being a girlie I've never really been into gaming, but in the late 70's we did have Pong, which we all thought was amazing; then, in the early 80's we got a Sinclair Spectrum and couldn't believe just how incredible the graphics were lol
    We had a Coleco Telstar. It had three games. Hockey, tennis and handball. The games were all pretty much the same. Bat the ball from one side to the other. It was fun though.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    First time you were exposed to games

I went backwards. I was introduced to the NES as a young child around the age of 2. I grew up and by 7 I was playing Atari at the grandparent's place. E.T. was and still remains the worst game ever created.

Then I got a little older and had a myriad of them, from the SNES through to the PS2 era. N64, PSX, Gameboy (classic, colour, advance), PS2, Gamecube, XBOX (the original 50 pound mass of computer hardware). I went 50/50 with my dad to buy the 360 when it was still a $500 system, played it for a month or two and never got to touch it again. Didn't wind up getting a PS3, wife has a Wii. Have yet to jump on the console bandwagon due to price constraints but I think I might pick up a PS4 and WiiU. I'm still not sold on the XBONE.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Technician

Cool Re: First time you were exposed to games

My first exposure to video games was Pac-Man on my cousin's Atari system. I remember he was having trouble with another game, probably space invaders. The fire button was not responding well. After a quick look down the hall to make sure no adults were near, he opened up the joystick and put a fresh scrap of paper between the contacts on the board and the membrane on the bottom of the switch. I picked up the old scrap of paper and was fascinated by being able to feel that it had been smashed even thinner.

So, first game and first hack repair from the same event.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I wasn't allowed to have computer/videogames but since the mid/late 80's I was exposed to them at most friends places. Gameboy, NES, MS-Dos Games, Amiga 500, Atari 2600, Atari ST, SNES, these Nintendo LCD video games and so on..... good times^^

Pong. Though back in the day we just called it table tennis.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts C.Vallon's Avatar

I remember starting off on an old Ateri, maybe a mastersystem? I can't recall much about it now, other than sitting in a basement playing some ninja game and star wars game. Then, I stopped for a few years until I found my self on a NES/SNES, Sega and Sega Genesis. That's where I really got addicted, found my self exploring the worlds of RPGs, the first Final Fantasy's, the Zelda's, and there went my childhood, sucked into the vortex of pixels and fantasy's, lol.

And then game the Gameboy, the old black and white things, haha, I remember hiding mine at night in my bed so I could play it after my mother tucked me in. Man that was hard trying to play a black and white game, in the middle of the night with nothing but the faint glow of the outside lights shining in the window to light up my screen, all the while praying I wouldn't get caught.

Good times..