Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP Officejet pro 8600 paper jam message

Message displayed " remove rear access panel from the back of printer and clear any paper". No paper is jam in that area. That message got displayed after continuous paper misfeed. I replaced paper pickup roller and pad; took apart and check for any broken gear; blow sensor. message still displayed. Any suggestion?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Re: HP Officejet pro 8600 paper jam message

Did you try a reset, remove power cable from printer whilst it is switched on. Wait 30 sec, remove paper from input tray, power back on. Does the printer initialise or recognise that paper is empty?
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Tried all that. It does not show if it recognises paper in tray because as printer is turned on after a short initialize jam message is displaced

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ldfrepairs View Post
    Tried all that. It does not show if it recognises paper in tray because as printer is turned on after a short initialize jam message is displaced

You could try these steps on HP site, A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printers | HP® Support Please read all of the solutions

Also firmware
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Hi, felt the need to necro this thread because I just had one of this POS machines giving the false jam error and couldn't find any useful information any where else. Hopefully if anyone else encounters this problem and finds the thread, my advice may help them fix the problem or eliminate a possible cause anyway...

So, this POS kept telling me to remove the duplex assy, clear the paper jam, press OK. Resetting the machine does nothing. In my case it was the belt between the drive motor and shaft on the left-side of the machine (not the carriage shaft. the one that feeds the paper through as it prints. usually has a rough grey surface, the gear on the end of the shaft has an index disc)
    Anyway - that belt seems to fray over time, slip off the motor, or just stretch and slips on the teeth instead of driving the gear correctly.
    If that belt is not tight enough, or damaged, you can get the false jams - I've seen false carriage jams as well as false paper jams caused by this little belt not pulling it's weight.

It's pretty tricky to get the covers off these damn 8600s but otherwise it's very simple. You will need to remove the control panel, scanner and top of the machine, and left cover. after that you can remove the logic board to expose the drive gears. Easy to see now if that belt is faulty or not.

Hope this helps anyone who is looking for a possible solution to the false jams - If you are an end-user and attempt to do this yourself please just be gentle and go slowly taking it apart. Keep in mind this is not the only cause of false jam - just a potential cause that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere here or HP support site.

Goodluck!

nekowaiidesu

The best solution of this error is to reset the printer and do print test again. After resetting the printer there are total 90% chances that issue should be resolved. If not try other method from given manual. If you don't have good knowledge about how to reset the hp printer then take help from HP Officejet pro 8600 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-officejet-pro-8600-manual&po=317281&lang=English .May this might be useful.

Paper jam is a quite common problem for users. It is mostannoyed when users get hp printer paper jam problem but not paper jam problemin Hp printer. So, know what you should do for fixing fake paper jam problem:

Solution: Reset printer is best option to resolve paper jam problem. So look at below steps how to reset:

- Turn on the printer.
    - Disconnect the power cord from your printer
    - After disconnecting, unplug the power cord from the outlet
    - Wait for few seconds i.e. 60 seconds
    - After completion 60 seconds, plug power cord into outlet
    - Reconnect power cord to your printer
    - Turn on your printer, may your issue resolved.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    HP Officejet pro 8600 paper jam message

Throw it in the garbage. Ghost paper jam related with purge unit or drive mechanism.It's not worth the time...
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself