ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Design jet T610 cutter issue.

I replaced the belt on this unit and worked out some other issues. The last issue is the cutter. Sometimes it will not pick it up. If it does engage, when it gets to the end of the cut, you here it hit the end stop at the end of the rail and code 86.01. The cutting unit is new. I was thinking, could this be encoder. But if the encoder were off somehow, I would think it would code on boot up. The prints I have done seem to be on center. Would firmware be an issue?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician

Re: Design jet T610 cutter issue.

the most probable cause is that the right side encoder strip bracket is not installed correctly. The encoder strip is attached to a piece of spring steel. The steel has a hole in it and that hole needs to be over a peg in the black plastic. Otherwise, the encoder strip will touch the encoder sensor in the carriage when it moves to the right side and have a difficult time seeing the grid on the strip. Check that first.

The service station can be installed incorrectly and can cause intermittent 86:01 errors. Remove the right end cover and verify that the front lip of the service station is on top of the front mounting rail and not under it.

The cutter can also be installed incorrectly causing the error. The tires on the cutter need to straddle the guild rail it sits on. If you pull the cutter out to mid motion, you can apply some downward pressure on it and if it is not in the right position, it should pop in.

thanks for the reply. I was going to revisit the strip on Monday, just wanted a logical explanation as to what was going on.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Removed both end covers. Found nothing wrong with encoder. Loosened screws on left end ans moved it every way I could. It acts like the encoder is pulled a couple of mm's too far to the right. I have another T610 I need to go visit. All I can do is compare.