Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

hp designjet t510

This machine is printing blurry, left of center only, it can draw straight horizonal lines from the right to the left, but as it keeps printing the lines get a little fatter on the left than they are on the right. It looks as if the carraige or the paper is moving a hair so the left side looks like it's making bold lines. any fine print looks a little blurry. When the carraige is really printing fast you can hear a little grinding just left of center like it's scraping past something.the print is clear and great looking from the center to the right side. If it were worn bearings could it print poorly on just one side??? Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: hp designjet t510

I would start by cleaning the encoder.

Did that first I cleaned encoder cleaned strip, carrier rod ,checked clearance of carrier,seems like a lot of gap in the carrier bushings, but can't see why it would only be a problem on the left of center portion of the machine. the encoder being bad on one side could explain that, but the print never looses it's positioning. only prints bold(looks like bold because the horizonal lines print offset but right next to one another) on that left of center area

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Hmm... hopefully Kiran will weigh in on this. I'd probably start by replacing the encoder strip, but maybe there's something I'm not thinking of.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp designjet t510

How old is the printer? What media are you printing on? And what quality setting?

Does it do it using all quality settings? Or just one?

Can you scan or take a clear picture of the print showing the problem?

On the surface it does sound like an encoder strip/encoder sensor problem. But I would also expect the entire printed image to shift if that were the case.

Kiran

Printer is 3-31/2 years old,the paper roll brand new(I installed it to eliminate the problem being the paper) is HP plain paper,the print is always the same, anything printed on the right of center is perfect ,anything printed on the left of center is a little blurry and the horizonal lines look as if they were printed bold instead of a regular thin line like it printed on the right. The line look looks good until the carraige moves right to pass back over the line that it made on the left movement, it repeats the line and makes it look bolder after it gets right of center the line looks fine again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp designjet t510

I asked someone at HP and they said it's either the encoder strip/sensor, or possibly the trailing cable.

Kiran

Thanks! I'll keep you in the loop