Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hp desingket t1120 no reconizing mk y printhead.

I have a problem with this plotter, I have changed mk yellow printhead three times in a short time, about 6 months .When I put the new printhead plotter reconize it and make its test. What should I change to solve it .old printhead plotter doesnt reconize them. thanks in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: hp desingket t1120 no reconizing mk y printhead.

When you say it doesn't recognize them, what do you mean exactly? You insert it and the display continues to flash as if the head is removed?

Did you try removing the other heads and putting just the MK/Y head in? If it recognizes it then, one of the other heads is the issue.

Have you tried cleaning the flex cables? Don't use alcohol.. just use water and a paper towel. If that doesn't do it, I would start with replacing the flex cables. It's a tedious job but the least expensive part. Then the carriage PCA.. then the trailing cable.

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    When you say it doesn't recognize them, what do you mean exactly? You insert it and the display continues to flash as if the head is removed?

Did you try removing the other heads and putting just the MK/Y head in? If it recognizes it then, one of the other heads is the issue.

Have you tried cleaning the flex cables? Don't use alcohol.. just use water and a paper towel. If that doesn't do it, I would start with replacing the flex cables. It's a tedious job but the least expensive part. Then the carriage PCA.. then the trailing cable.

Kiran
    thanks ,When I realize test for electronics cards, carriage and printheads all are okey. The only printhead that has short life is mk- y about one or two month display says that i must change the mk -y printhead .What is wrong maybe pca carriage. I need your help.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I apologize in advance, but these points need to be raised:
    Are you using parts and supplies that are OEM? (If not, does the place you get them from have a decent warranty policy?)
    On a somewhat related note, if enough of the nozzles on the print head get plugged, the machine will call for a new print head just as surely as if the print head had gone its factory rated lifetime. If you consider the diameter of the nozzles that deliver ink from the print head to the paper that might make more sense.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by javier4065 View Post
    thanks ,When I realize test for electronics cards, carriage and printheads all are okey. The only printhead that has short life is mk- y about one or two month display says that i must change the mk -y printhead .What is wrong maybe pca carriage. I need your help.
    Probably the best start is to follow the advice you were given, and then report back exactly the results--what happens after cleaning flex cables, after inserting only one printhead (the mk/y one--the old one that the machine tells you to replace and doesn't 'recognize'), and then after replacing flex cables (or, if you're like me and too lazy, the whole carriage).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Probably the best start is to follow the advice you were given, and then report back exactly the results--what happens after cleaning flex cables, after inserting only one printhead (the mk/y one--the old one that the machine tells you to replace and doesn't 'recognize'), and then after replacing flex cables (or, if you're like me and too lazy, the whole carriage).
    Thans friends, but I changed the flexs and these are ok, Display says, replace de mk-y printhead Maybe it can be pca carrier but it is very expensive or trailing cable,but I realized the carrier test and it is ok. When I install each printhead plotter sounds a bip but when it wants recognize them , display says replace mk-y printhead.

Does it take a long time for it to tell you to replace the print head, or does it tell you immediately after closing the cover? If it takes a while before the notice to replace, then it's failing the 'initializing ink system' procedure, and it could be due to the drop detect sensor being fouled with ink.. though I'd expect that to effect all print heads and not just one. But I would clean it, nonetheless.

If it says to replace it immediately than it's some kind of communication problem with the print head. I would try it in another printer to see if you get the same result. One of the other 'working' print heads may be causing the MK/Y to appear bad as well. I would try a complete set of heads first just to rule out this possibility. Then move on to the carriage PCA.

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Does it take a long time for it to tell you to replace the print head, or does it tell you immediately after closing the cover? If it takes a while before the notice to replace, then it's failing the 'initializing ink system' procedure, and it could be due to the drop detect sensor being fouled with ink.. though I'd expect that to effect all print heads and not just one. But I would clean it, nonetheless.

If it says to replace it immediately than it's some kind of communication problem with the print head. I would try it in another printer to see if you get the same result. One of the other 'working' print heads may be causing the MK/Y to appear bad as well. I would try a complete set of heads first just to rule out this possibility. Then move on to the carriage PCA.

Kiran
    thanks everybody, the problem was the pca carrier, I changed it and the plotter is now ok.

Cool. Thanks for letting us know!

Kiran