Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LJ M600

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    LJ M600

LJ M600

Did a PM on this machine and the new fuser is really loose which makes a loud grinding noise because gears aren't meshing. If I put pressure on the gear side it is fine. I put old fuser side by side with new one and they look identical. Tried another new fuser out of a maint kit and same thing. Put old fuser in and no noise. I had to leave old fuser in so they could use it. Anyone ever have this problem or have any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: LJ M600

Seems like it's gotta be either the gears or the clips that hold the fuser in place. Or some part of the outside casing maybe.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Are you using New OEM kit or a Remanufactured kit? Check the large gear on the fuser, it should be a helical gear, not a spur gear. Check the latches on the fuser also.

LJ M600

Thanks for the replies.

Using Genuine HP. I have to go back and check #'s on boxes. I have # CF064-67901 as correct maint kit. Like I said they looked identical side by side with old one. Really weird. Maybe my supplier sent me 220v instead?

I will let you know what I find.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You got the right 110v kit, a 220v would have given you an error message. Did you hear the latches click when you installed the new fuser? especially the gear side of the fuser. Another area to look at is the fuser drive assembly gear for wear. It may be worn, so that the old fuser assembly which probably have worn bushings will work and the new fuser won't. This printer uses a fuser drive assembly, not a swing plate assembly like the LJ 4250 since nothing swing in this assembly, therefore the fuser drive assembly and the fuser have worn together and a new fuser will have a gap between the two gears make a grinding noise. Hope you find a solution.

LJ M600

Yes heard latches click.

Good theory Printerdude. Makes sense. Have you seen this before?

Will let you know what I find out

Thanks again

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

This problem reminds me of the HP2420. Identical symptoms you are describing here. would install new fuser and noise will still be there, fuser clicks in place ok.
    The solution was to replace the fuser drive gear kit. The noise would not be totally eliminated. see the link below for the parts you will need for your repair.

HP LaserJet M600 601 602 60x Fuser Gear Noise Repair Kit Premium Quality ISO9001 | eBay
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Did a PM on this machine and the new fuser is really loose which makes a loud grinding noise because gears aren't meshing. If I put pressure on the gear side it is fine. I put old fuser side by side with new one and they look identical. Tried another new fuser out of a maint kit and same thing. Put old fuser in and no noise. I had to leave old fuser in so they could use it. Anyone ever have this problem or have any ideas.

Thanks in advance
    Actually there is a complete fuser drive assy for this series machine. type this part number in the google search and see the image and companies that may carry them. I think this part may be obsolete. RC2-2432-M600

THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

LJ M600

Confirmed maint kit # CF064A. Also confirmed Product code on back of printer CE990A. I guess only thing left is to try replacing fuser drive gears.

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Yes heard latches click.

Good theory Printerdude. Makes sense. Have you seen this before?

Will let you know what I find out

Thanks again
    Have not seen this on a M600 series, but on the 2300, 2420, P3005 and of course the 4250/4350 printers, but I have seen printers that were noisy caused by remanufactured fusers. As stated above part number RC2-2432-M600 is still available, this is an aftermarket part as HP did not make this part available. Seems odd that you are having this problem, HP redesigning the fuser drive assembly for the better. A bit of work to install. Hope you got the real deal and not a reman or counterfeit/one to look like a OEM kit. Good luck!