Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP CP 2025, Can the drivers cause jams ?

I worked on this CP 2025 at the customer location. This printer is in "mint" condition. The customer will try to print to this machine and it will jam out of tray 2 and 3. (Just as the paper is feeding out of the paper tray.) When I brought it to my shop I ran internal prints ie... config, demo, pcl font list. It never jammed once. Took it back to customer and he prints to it and it jams just as it did before. Could the drivers be causing this.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: HP CP 2025, Can the drivers cause jams ?

A couple things I'm thinking of here.
    Are you using different paper when you printed internally at your shop. (I.E. are they running card stock vs. you running plain paper)?
    and
    Can you run internal prints AT YOUR CUSTOMERS OFFICE without jams.
    and
    Are they even using the correct driver?
    and
    maybe somehow the preferences in the printers properties are asking for a different size of paper, than what is in the drawers?
    but
    I have never heard of the driver causing paper jams, but if all the above are in good order, it is worth trying a new driver.
    There's a first time for everything. I'd like to know the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    A couple things I'm thinking of here.
    Are you using different paper when you printed internally at your shop. (I.E. are they running card stock vs. you running plain paper)?
    and
    Can you run internal prints AT YOUR CUSTOMERS OFFICE without jams.
    and
    Are they even using the correct driver?
    and
    maybe somehow the preferences in the printers properties are asking for a different size of paper, than what is in the drawers?
    but
    I have never heard of the driver causing paper jams, but if all the above are in good order, it is worth trying a new driver.
    There's a first time for everything. I'd like to know the outcome.
    Will keep you in the loop... I am scratching my head on this one... To answer your questions The properties is set at U.S. Letter on there drivers. I can run internal prints at their office with no jam. (I have not however ran internal prints with multiple copies at customer office, have in shop) Both of us running plain paper. Will check on correct driver but think they are.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

What happens when you crossover to your laptop, download a driver and print directly? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Well if you took it back to the shop, how come you did not test it from your computes there[ don't get that as you are testing printing problem]. I would download the HP universal driver and install it on your laptop and test the machine. [ Every hp tech should have the universal driver as you don't have to keep installing drivers for each machine you service and may want to test.]
    What are the jam codes ?, you did not list any. from the web admin you can view it there.

Event log-- The Event log is a table that contains codes corresponding to error messages that have appeared onthe product control-panel display, a brief description of each error, and the number of pages that printedwhen each error occurred. For more information about error messages, see Event log on page 202.

does it jam from tray 1. set the machine to print from tray 1 first.

HP Universal Print Driver (UPD)
    The HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) for Windows is a single driver that gives you instant access tovirtually any HP LaserJet product, from any location, without downloading separate drivers. It is built onproven HP print driver technology and has been tested thoroughly and used with many softwareprograms. It is a powerful solution that performs consistently over time.The HP UPD communicates directly with each HP product, gathers configuration information, and thencustomizes the user interface to show the product’s unique, available features. It automatically enablesfeatures that are available for the product, such as two-sided printing and stapling, so you do not needto enable them manually.For more information, go to www.hp.com/go/upd.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Ended up taking the printer back to the customer and told them to get with an IT tech.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    What happens when you crossover to your laptop, download a driver and print directly? =^..^=
    Running XP on all my laptops. Looking into upgrading now...

are they connected true usb or network? also does mf tray jam.....don't put so much paper leave only 1-2...
    drivers don't make machines jam, they might print incorrectly bu not jam