Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: HP CP 2025/jamming

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Tray one is the one not working, tray two works fine.
    OOPS! Sorry about that, I apologize for my previous post being a stupid waste of time.
    Is there any chance you could share a picture of tray 1? It sounds a little like there might be something broken there, but it is kind of hard to tell when we can't see it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    OOPS! Sorry about that, I apologize for my previous post being a stupid waste of time.
    Is there any chance you could share a picture of tray 1? It sounds a little like there might be something broken there, but it is kind of hard to tell when we can't see it.
    Yeah, that's why I asked if the board was off--maybe a broken wire somewhere or a flag not working. But if more than one machine is doing the exact same thing... I've got a lot of these in the field and I've never heard of this.

According the to manual, the same motor drives both systems (along with the duplex feed). Tray 2 goes through a solenoid for pickup and it looks like it goes straight into the reg rollers. Tray 1 goes through a clutch for feed, then a solenoid for pickup.

When tray 2 jams (after trying to feed from tray 1) where does the paper stop? At the reg rollers, before any print goes on it?

Ok... I think I see here. When you feed from tray 1, it goes through that little space above the plate plate, which is above tray 2. But once the page (from tray 1) reaches the end of that space, the machine uses tray 2 PU roller to push the paper up to the reg rollers. So when you feed from tray 1, tray 2 PU roller will eventually activate. The problem is that tray 1 isn't activating... it has nothing to do with tray 2.

Check the clutch and the solenoid going to tray 1 and don't worry about what tray 2 is doing.

And there should be a paper sensor inside that plate somewhere. Perhaps that is suck on, and the machine thinks it's okay to start rolling tray 2 rollers.

Untitled picture.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP CP 2025/jamming

Does not feed from tray 1, paper in tray just sits there, it starts to feed from tray 2 and immediately goes into jam, does not start to feed from tray 1, it knows there is paper there though.

Right... so check the tray 1 feed solenoid (SL1) or tray 1 clutch (CL1). Also check the sensor SR7.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Right... so check the tray 1 feed solenoid (SL1) or tray 1 clutch (CL1). Also check the sensor SR7.

agreed here. I Think tray1 solenoid is the problem here or the drive mechanism that engages the tray1 roller gear. sometimes the solenoid pawl, gets twisted and cannot lock on to the drive gear notch. the service manual gives enough information and settings to troubleshoot this easily.

pg 196 - j209 tray1 solenoid connection to driver pca. 24v and turn on signal. this driver pca is then connected to the dc controller. you may have to do some disassemble to get a visual at things in there.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Good morning. Remove USB and or Ethernet cables. You have to include some error codes, what Tray 1 does when printing starts. Here is what will make this easier. What are or is the error code(s), print an event history or the last few will be on the config page? When you do an internal print does the Tray try to pick and then jam, does it feed into the registration assy then jam, if so how far into it? Does it have any indents or noticable marks on paper that would show where a rogue piece of paper may be? Does the solenoid energize? Try changing Tray 2 to a non standard size and change type, Tray 1 MPT should be letter, plain, make sure the tray size guides are in correct place. Connect laptop or send print job to tray 1 and remove tray 2! Within menu you can change tray behaviors and priorities. Help us to help you.