Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Exclamation HP CP2025 jamming at registration roller and attempting to print without paper

I purchased an HP LaserJet CP2025, and it jams every time at the registration roller which I believe you can see when you open the rear panel. It seems like the roller doesn't move, I can hear two parts rubbing against each other before the printer tells me its jamming. The paper gets 2 or 3 folds at the front like it was being pushed from behind, but being stopped from the front.

IMG_2081.jpg

I initially thought it was the pick up roller, because I had to remove the jam from tray 2 rather than from the rear. So I replaced the pick up roller, then I realized that it jams no matter which tray I feed from.

Another quirk about this is that the printer tries to print even if there is no paper in either tray. The black plastic piece that swivels near the pick up roller for tray 2 seems to be moving freely, so I don't know what it is.

So I have 2 questions:

1. For the problem of the printer attempting to print even without paper in either tray, what could be the cause of that?

2. If the jams are not related to a bad paper sensor, which part would I have to replace? A motor, solenoid, roller, etc?

I have the printer taken apart, so any other pictures you need, let me know. I am willing to be as invasive as needed with this printer.

Thanks!

Re: HP CP2025 jamming at registration roller and attempting to print without paper

Hi, did you fix it ? I have a Canon MF8550 (same machine basicaly) with the same problem and I suspect the registration motor.

Re: HP CP2025 jamming at registration roller and attempting to print without paper

Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    Hi, did you fix it ? I have a Canon MF8550 (same machine basicaly) with the same problem and I suspect the registration motor.
    Nope, never figured it out, the printer is still just sitting there.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Only thing I have for ya is...
    I have seen the guide where the paper travels with an optional paper tray feeder. That guide gets out of position and or breaks causing a sensor lever to be made.
    Take out the toner and turn it upside down and inspect it. The problem I had was when you put paper in tray 1 it tried to feed tray 2 and then jammed, good luck!
    Izzy

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Any solution on this? I'm having the same issue as shown in the pic above, jamming every couple of pages.

Technician

This issue is due to SL2 tray 2 solenoid problem (Sticky solenoid). It seem impossible to get to that solenoid.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The printer in question has no optional 2nd tray.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    The printer in question has no optional 2nd tray.
    Try this: Remove all the paper off the tray, but leave just 1 sheet of paper. Now send out a print job to see if it pass thru the registration roller and print out